■We Are A Match

Author: arhana12
Parts: 87
Reads: 33.5k
Status: Completed
Genre: Teen Fiction

BLURB- Rishav Neil is a seventeen-year old guy with a dream

BLURB
- Rishav Neil is a seventeen-year old guy with a dream. He spends his every moment towards making it to the Indian Cricket Team as a cricketer.

The journey, however, isn't gonna be an easy one. From personal rivalries to quests for revenge, Rishav needs to cross every hurdle which blocks his path.

With time, Rishav meets Ananya Sharma. They

are complete opposites but one common factor binds them together; they both have aspirations of achieving their dreams.

Join Rishav in this journey of evolving from a young man to achieving his dreams.

SHORT SUMMARY OF CHAPTER 1
- "...And that's a massive six from the emerging talent- Rishabh Pant!" The match commentator went on rambling in excitement as he witnessed the ball fly out of the stadium.

Mom and Dad, too, clapped their hands in happiness as they watched him finish the over with a shot that made the ball fly out of the stadium. I rolled my eyes and wondered what their reactions would be if they ever actually sat in a stadium and saw the match. They already acted like maniacs when watching a match on a TV screen.

Although I could already figure out that this was just one of their ways to encourage me to achieve my dream. Yeah, being there on that field. I would proudly raise the bat in my hand and listen to the crowd chanting my name, "Rishav! Rishav! Rishav!..."

_________

And there goes my brother again with the 'Be-Serious-With-Your-Life'. I gulped once, trying to come up with a reply which could satisfy him but, unfortunately, my pea-sized brain gave up after 5 seconds of pondering. It's not that I despise these talks with Sameer, but the fact that I can't sit in a room with him peacefully without encountering this conversation has become a near-impossible task.

"Selections are a week away actually. If I get into this inter-school match, then, I am pretty sure I'll get a chance to play for in the Ranji Trophy," I said, hoping for my voice to come across as affirmative as possible to end this conversation right then.

________

Kick-starting the bike, it finally came to life on the third attempt. It was about 5 to 6 years old now and I was hoping to save enough to get a new bike or at least repair my current one. To say I was jealous of Ravi's Enfield would be an understatement. But my bike had been really loyal to me.

"You gotta get it some parts, Rishav," Kabir said as he settled down behind me.

"Yeah, I hope I get it done soon," I sighed and we made our way towards the grounds.

☆-☆-☆-☆
Let's read how Rishav will achieved his dream in life amidst the challenges that may come along the way. Follow arhana12 and read the story. Enjoy!!♡♡♡