■Evanesce

Author: allileya
Parts: 48
Reads: 41.4k
Status: Completed
Genre: Romance

BLURB- Aislinn Sinclair is a woman imprisoned in the world that her parents built for her, a world where she always feel the longing of something

BLURB
- Aislinn Sinclair is a woman imprisoned in the world that her parents built for her, a world where she always feel the longing of something. It is a longing for home, for the incomparable joy of moments, for peaceful thoughts, and for new life metaphors. And it's not in the people in her world, so she had to face a new world to free herself from the suffocation. Even so, running away will never be a good strategy for her, who is being chased by an eager and determined person, desperate to bring her back. But through the warm embrace of someone to the shards of her shattered spirit, she found the outlet of her life on the verge of evanescent.

SHORT SUMMARY OF CHAPTER 1
- It's friday night. We're having a dinner when my Mom announced that we're all going to this big family Thanksgiving reunion at Grandma and Grandpa Coval's Hotel in Manila. She's been planning it with my Grandparents two months ahead of time for she wants everything to be perfect. She doesn't care anymore about the money that we're going to spend because the Martinez family will be there and also the media.

The Martinez and Sinclair family has maintained a successful partnership for a long year. I heard about it from my Dad when he's talking to me about the history of our family and how the business works. I was too young back then. Until now, I still couldn't understand the significance of it.

_________

Grandma and Grandpa are my Mom's parents. They are still living healthy and I wish more of that to them. Kaya lang siyempre minsan hindi maiwasang makaramdam ng panghihina o kahit na anong sakit ng katawan dahil sa katandaan nila. But I'm so happy to see that they are really trying to live healthy by eating a lot of nutritious food.

"Lola, lahat po ba ng pamilya natin ay darating bukas?" bigla kong tanong habang nasa elevator pa rin.

"Of course, hija," si Lola.

_________

I've been wanting to do this but I just can't because of my Mom. Plus, I'm not good at socializing with Mom's coworkers and copartners. Hindi rin ganoon kakapal ang mukha ko para maging malapit na agad sa mga kapamilya namin na ngayon ko palang nakikilala. Luckily, he's here. But...

"Wait, what's your name?"

Umayos siya ng tindig bago inilahad ulit ang kamay para pormal na makipagkamay sa akin. "Coenraad Martinez. Pleasure to meet a beautiful maiden."

My smile grew wider as I accept his gesture of friendliness. "Aislinn Sinclair. Pleasure to meet a gorgeous boy."

☆-☆-☆-☆
Craving for more? Follow allileya now and read her story. Enjoy! 🌼🌼🌼