Lucky mess.

Gael x reader since this was heavily requested! :3 I didn't expect you guys to love him so much.

(The video above is what he sounds like ;3. I love the voice and it suits him perfectly. No pun intended.)

×××××××××××××××

Taking a trip to Ireland was the best thing you've done in a long time.

You needed to get away from everything, all the drama, annoying ex's, family issues and work.

Your sister suggested that you take a small vacation, just to sight see and get a break.

The Golden Shamrock was a monster bar, but humans were allowed inside, wanting to check the place out, you went inside.

A few humans were drinking with their buddies, while the monsters sat at their own tables.

A skeleton at the bar caught your attention, he was taller than you by a head in a half, a black fedora rest on his head. He wore a dark green polo shirt with a black vest over it.

Green slacks, and a pair of black buckled boots completed his outfit.

You took a seat at the front of the bar, your hands awkwardly in your lap as he smiled at you, making you blush.

"Hello there darlin'. What can I get cha?" He smiles, leaning over the counter, his other hand on his hip.

"Um, I'll take a h/d. Thanks." You smile back, tilting your head a little.

(Hot drink)

"Be back in a sec darlin'."  He winks and walks out behind the bar to a back room it looked like.

While he was gone, you decided to observe the scene for a bit. The floors were wooden, most of the walls were a deep green with gold stripes down it.

All of the countertops were a shiny oak, most likely cleaned this afternoon.

The place smelled of cocoa and vanilla, and a little bit of fresh cut grass. But maybe that was the skeleton in front of you.

"Here ya go darlin' one cup of h/d. Its on the house." He chuckles, going back to wiping the counters.

You blush and take a sip, it was very sweet. "Thank you, but I don't mind paying."

He shook his head. "Nah, in not gonna let cha do that darlin'. For a pretty lass like you? It's on me."

Your cheeks flush pink as you take a drink to distract yourself. My, this skeleton sure was a charmer.. Wasn't he?

"The names Gael. What's you're darlin'?" He tosses the white rag behind him, crossing his arms, forest green eyes meeting yours.

"Oh, I'm y/n." You set your drink down, laying your arms on the counter.

"Y/n? Huh. That's cute, it fits cha."  He smirks taking a cigar out of his vest to light. "So, what brings ya ta Ireland?"

"Was it that obvious i'm not from here?" You giggle, making his cheeks flush a light green.

Sticking the lit cigar between his teeth he chuckles. "Well if ya we're from here I would have known ya. It's a small town after all."

Nervously tucking a strand of hair behind your ear, you look down at your hands. "Needed a break from things you know. And its beautiful here."

"Yeah it is, I grew up here ya know. Even though the weather is total shite, ya get used to it." Gael chuckled, taking a drag from the cigar, blowing it away from you.

Silently thanking him for that, you take another drink from your cup, taking notice at how low it was.

"Anyway, you should stop by again. If ya need a guide just ask." He winks, sliding a card across the bar.

"I'll be seein' ya darlin'. Duty calls, even though I'm sick of his shite I'm about to kick his a**." Gael rolls his eyes and walks over to the drunk deer monster on the other side of the bar.

"Damn it Kevin how many fookin times do I have to tell ya--" His yelling faded into the music from the band that was playing.

You giggle to yourself and leave him a tip as you left the bar, his card in hand.

××××××××××××××

A week or so after meeting him, you didn't expect to see him again. But as he said it was a small town after all.

Carrying a shopping bag on your arm, you walked the stone sidewalks. It had gotten dark rather quickly, maybe time just flies when you're having fun checking out all the shops.

As you walked, you notice hushed voices.

"Where is my fookin' money? The boss isn't happy." The sound of something metal clanging against brick made you wince.

"I-im sorry, I c-cant get it this week! J-just give me one more w-week!" A whimpering voice squeaked.

"No, no no. That's what cha said two weeks ago. Stop stallin', now give me the fookin' money or I'm bustin' your kneecaps." A voice hissed to the other.

"I--i-"

"Enough excuses."

The snapping of fingers, then a loud scream as bones cracked.

You covered your mouth as hid behind the corner, huddling in a small ball with your bag in your lap.

The screaming had stopped as two monsters walked passed you, dressed in black suits their pant legs tainted with blood.

They got in their corvette and drove away without noticing you.

Once you were sure they were gone, you came out from hiding, your hands shaking in fear.

What had just happened? Some Mafia sh"t!?

"Hello darlin'. What brings ya here?" A familiar voice asks.

You slowly turn around and find Gael standing there with a bloody, bent, metal, baseball bat in his right hand, he leaned on it as he smiled at you.

His vest was coated in the blood that had sprayed on it, but he didn't seemed to be bothered. "Ya still need that guide?"

What have you gotten yourself into?

End...? I loved writing this. Someone needs to draw him with the bloody bat. Asking about being readers guide. That'd be amazing. :3