Showtime~ (Short story)

(Got inspired by the Outcasts theme song. And.. Since they are so different.. This was gonna be written eventually. Enjoy!)

Your best friend (um.. Random name...?) Amber dragged you to the carnival that had finally come to your town.

She was excited, and so were you! You had to wait forever for the carnival, since December.

You couldn't wait to ride the rides!

You both had your wrist bands on, meaning you had all access passes to each of the rides.

"So what should we do first?" You ask, rubbing your wrist.

Amber smiles. "I don't know! It all looks so damn fun, I want to do everything!"

You smirk. "Anything..?"

She stares at you for a second. "... Really? ... No! That's not what I meant! You have a dirty mind." She frowns, crossing her arms over her chest.

You just laugh and point to a roller coaster. "Alright, how about that one?"

She nods and grabs your wrist once again, dragging you to the corkscrewed roller coaster.

------------------

After you both screamed your heads off during the roller coaster, you had both rode a few more rides.

But after a while, and after almost puking from too many spinner rides, you decided to take a break.

You both sat at a picnic table, you drinking an ice cold f/d, while Amber ate a corn dog.

"So what now?" She asks, crossing her arms over the table top.

You shrug. "I'm not sure, we could play a few games, even if they're rigged."

She snickers. "True, it could be fun. Even if the prizes suck."

You snicker as well, it was all horridly true.

You looked behind Amber and saw a skeleton monster, they were staring at you with a smile... It was.. A tad bit creepy, being honest.

You stare back at the skeleton, in wonder, as Amber rants about her oh so perfect boyfriend once more, but when you blink.. That skeleton is gone.

"What the..?" You mutter.

Amber stops talking and looks at you, tilting her head. "Y/n, is everything okay? What are you looking at?"

You shake your head. "Sorry, I guess I spaced out.."

She nods. "Oh, okay. Anyway as I was saying, you should have seen what Brad did yesterd-"

However, she gets cutoff by the same skeleton monster, this time they were standing in front of your table, a smirk on their face.

"Um.. Can I help you?" You mutter to them, a sudden chill going down your spine.

They shake they're head, tossing a golden ticket on your table before vanishing in orange smoke.

And when they vanished, a bat had flown by, despite it being the afternoon, it flew towards the large circus tent.

Odd....

You pick up the ticket, and study it. It was gold, sparkling like pixie dust, a emerald green snake design in the middle, circling the V.I.P letters.

"What is that?" Amber asks, pointing at the ticket.

You shrug. "I don't know, that skeleton dude gave it to me.. Real weirdo if you ask me.."

You thought you heard a hiss but you couldn't tell over the shouts of people running around the fairgrounds.