The favorite.

I'm bad at titles. 

×××××××××××××

Fear sat quietly in his room, a book in his lap, a cup of hot tea was set aside to cool as he read.

It was late in the afternoon, each of the other outcasts were doing their own thing. None of them are going to disturb him...hopefully.

Fear sighed out of bliss and closed his book, putting a his hand made bookmark between the pages.

Fear turned his head and looked out his window, the sun was setting, the sky shined a deep orange with a little bit of pink. There wasn't many clouds either.

"Lovely.. Maybe I should take a step outside for a bit." He whispers to himself.

He turns and tosses his scarf over his shoulder and slips on his ankle boots.

Hopefully, he could sneak passed the others, and no one would annoy him today.

He uses his extra legs to crawl on the ceiling and shut his door quietly behind him.

The others knew that Fear was a hermit, always locking himself in his room, so his door being shut or even locked caused no surprise.

His legs gently tap against the high ceiling as he crawls with his arms behind his back, he stares down at the others.

Lockheart and Asher were raging over a stupid video game,

Hallow sat in a chair, stuffing his face with rice crispy treats,

Cupid stood in the kitchen, baking.. Cookies it smelled like, while trying to fight off a hungry gorgon,

Amour was in the basement,

Romeo was taking his two hour shower,

Cyrus looked fed up with everything, 

And Jasper floated quietly in the corner, watching over Hallow's shoulder.

Fear smiled to himself and snuck out the window with ease, however you, my dear reader saw him sneak out.

Being curious, you followed after him.

×××××××××××××

Fear walked through Cupid's garden filled with roses of every shade of pink. The scent always made him feel warm inside.. But, maybe that was the affect the garden had.

Harp music always seemed to be playing, making your heart flutter, much like Cupid's wings.

Thinking about it, Cupid always seemed to have this aura around him. It always made you feel warm inside, loved, and at ease.

Fear sighed and took a seat next to the fountain, after tossing a few pellets in for the heart shaped fish in the pink water.

He would always come here to relax or clear his head when he could. Although the pink gave him a headache, he didn't necessarily hate the color.. There was just too much of it.

'Needs more purple and blue..' He thought, looking over one of the flowerbeds.

You smiled, Fear stuck out vibrantly against all the neon pink, yet he looked cute.

You quietly walked up to him, and took a seat next to him, spooking him.

Fear jumped a little. "Miss y/n?"

You nod with a smile. "Yeah, I kind of needed a break too. What are you doing?"

"I needed to get some fresh air, being cooped up in my room for the rest of my life isn't the best for my health." He replies, taking his glasses off and wiping them with his sleeve.

"Fear.. Do you hate the others?" You ask randomly, your hands cupped in your lap.

Fear gives you a side look before returning his glasses to his face. "What gave you that idea?"

"Well, just like you said, you're always cooped up in your room, you never come out to spend time with me or the guys.. Do.. Do you hate us?" You ask, tearing up slightly at the end of your words.

He sighs and looks down at his feet. "I knew at some point someone was going to ask me something like this...."

He pauses, thinking over his words.

"No, I do not hate any of them, or you. To put it simply, I was never a people person. For my whole life I was an outcast, no one wanted to be near me, I scared everyone I met."

He suddenly fiddles with his fingers.

"I don't really spend time with the others because of this.. I already know Coby is terrified of me. And.. Being honest, I'm shy and hate social interactions.."

"Books are the best company." He chuckles then takes your hand in his. "Do not ever think I hate you at all. I care for you and the others, If I had too I would put my life on the line for them... And you."

He runs his thumb over your knuckles. "I may dislike the others at times. But, just know that you'll always be my favorite."

He smiles and kisses you gently on the forehead. "Remember that my darling."

He pulls away and sends you one last look, before leaving the garden with his arms behind his back.

Your heart was racing as your face burned a deep pink.

Well.. Looks like you're the only thing that the widow favors, besides books of course.

End.

(I don't really know why I wrote this. I just wanted to make something for Fear. Sorry if its bad, I didn't really have an idea for this.)