A phantom's sorrow.

Jasper x reader.

(Yes.. I got bored. And I want you guys to know more about Jasper.)

Dares.

Dares were always just excuses to go to places you weren't supposed to go. Which is why you, my dear reader, had stepped into an abandoned mansion.

You used your phone's light as a flash light, the floors groaned as you walked on them, the rooms were cold.

Everything in the mansion was purple, navy blue, or gray. It was obvious that the person who lived here loved the color scheme.

And a cursive letter J was sewed into the curtains or the rugs.

Whoever used to live here was rich.. But what happened to them? How old was the mansion? Why haven't they torn it down yet?

You suddenly got a chill down your spine, your hands shook, struggling to hold your phone.

You felt as if you were being watched.. But the eyes pierced through you even more when you entered the master bedroom.

The doors slammed and locked behind you, it smelled... Like old books.. And roses?

You let out a shaky sigh, and saw a broken picture frame thrown on the floor. "Huh?" You picked it up, and got a feeling of déjà vu.

The woman in the picture was smiling, and.. She looked a lot like you. The same hair color and everything..

She wore a deep blue silk dress, a skeleton monster was next to her, his hands in his lap while she hugged him.

You saw wedding rings on their fingers.. Were they the couple that owned the mansion? What happened to them?

You set the picture frame back on the floor, who ever threw it, was clearly angry, based on the fist print that had broken the glass.

"What happened here?" You ask yourself, turning your head, you covered your mouth.

On the bed, was dried up blood, it pooled down the side of the sheets.. Someone had gotten killed here..

You wanted to leave.. Now!

You ran to the doors and pulled on them, but they didn't budge.

"Why do you want to leave? You haven't even heard the whole story yet." A voice asked from behind you.

The room had grown cold.. You turned around and saw the same skeleton from the picture.. But.. He was see through?

And.. His legs.. Were a ghostly tail!?

He had his arms behind his back, his eyes almost hypnotizing, his coat looked as if it was just cleaned. 

He had violet smoke coming out of his neck, it swirled around his skull as he watched you.

"A-are y-ou?" You stuttered in fright.

He nods sadly, taking a seat on the bed. ".. Dead?.. Yes.."

He didn't attack you? That was unexpected. Usually ghost want you to leave while they throw furniture at you.

He looked over the bed, seeing the old blood. "... This is where I died.. "

Oh...

You walked up to him slowly, and took a seat next to him. "W-what happened?"

He sighs. "I can tell you..."

He takes your hands into his, and looks you deep in the eyes with his violet swirling ones.

Back to 1800's...

There was a skeleton monster who had married a beautiful maiden.

The skeleton was a hypnotist. He would uses his magic to help those who needed a good nights rest.

He had grown popular for his caring touch, thus making him and his wife celebrities.

He used his trusty pocket watch to hypnotize his patients.

But.. Since he wasn't home as often as he could have been. His wife grew unsatisfied. She felt ignored.
Unwanted.

So, she met up with a man who promised her riches. All she had to do is get her husbands pocket watch.

That very night she took it from his coat, while he slept in their shared bed.

She ran out into the night, giving the man the pocket watch which was worth thousands at the time.

However, she would only leave with him if her husband wasn't in the picture.

The man stupidly agreed.

And while she waited in the carriage, he crept into the mansion and snuck his way into the master bedroom.

A dagger in his hand, he slit the sleeping skeleton's throat. Blood had coated the bed, as the skeleton leaned over it coughing up blood.

The man laughed and ran out to his beloved, telling her that the job was done.

They ran off out of state, leaving the poor skeleton to die in cold blood.

His soul became restless..

"....and I've been here since.. I hate that harlot." He  admitted, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"...I thought she loved me.. But no.. She just left me to die!" He cried into his hands.

You gave him a look of sympathy, no one deserved that.

He suddenly hugged you, his embrace was freezing, but you didn't mind, you would do anything to cheer him up.

"Thank you so much for listening.. If you wish too.. You may leave now.." With a flick of his wrist, the doors opened.

You just looked at the doors then back to him. "I can't just leave you here, you'll be alone again."

He smiled sadly, tears staining his face. "...That is kind of you my dear. But I wish to not force you to stay here if you do not want to."

You shook your head. "I'm not leaving you."

He sighs and nods. "Very well.. Then.. I guess I shall make things better for you."

He snapped his fingers and the mansion sprung to life, the lights came on, and there was a warm breeze coming from the vents.

"Stay if you wish.. Leave anytime you please.." He smiles, sadness still in his eyes.

He put a hand in your cheek, his hands were ice cold. ".. You look so much like her... Only pure. And.. Twice as beautiful."

You blushed at his words.

He sighed, a small smile appearing on his transparent face. "Thank you for staying.. I'm grateful to have you..never leave me."

You smile. "I won't. I promise."

(My attempt at feels. I probably failed.. I hope you enjoyed anyway even if its bad. Hug the sad boy.)