Chapter 146 : bottling up

Cassie's P.O.V:

Liam now is sleeping, his fever went down thanks god and right now I am in the kitchen cooking for him vegetables soup.

~
~
~

Right now Liam is eating his soup.

Liam: "thanks Cassie"

Cassie: "we can talk now if you want"

He wants to talk to me very bad and I already feel bad for what I did so the least I could do now is hear what he wants to say. I sat facing him, with a straightened back. He sat upright, cleared his voice and said:

"Cass why are we not together?"

His voice was low, sad and hopeless. It breaks my heart seeing him like that but my lips somehow are closed, glued together, my voice seems to be lost. I try to speak but nothing is helping, my brain unable to form words, my voice lost, my lips glued together. I just looked at him, sadness in my eyes.

Liam: "I mean, we broke up because Emma was in my life but what about now? She isn't in my life anymore and yet we are still not back together. I don't see a reason for us not to be together, if you aren't ready to be my girlfriend in public, I am fine I will wait for you but at least don't leave me, I am fine with us dating in secret like before, I accept anything but you leaving me, I want you to be mine again in public or in secret I don't mind, as long as you are mine I don't give a shit about anything else"

By now I had tears in my eyes, he deserves to know my opinion so I took a deep breath and told him about my opinion.

Liam: "okay you are right but in a few months we can be publicly together but I still don't get why can't we be together now?"

Cassie: "because I don't wanna live in fear like I did"

He came closer, held both my hands in his, looked me in the eye and said:

"Fear of what?"

I took another deep breath before saying:

"Fear of us being caught every time we were on a secret date, fear from me or you or the boys or your family slipping while talking about us by mistake to anyone, fear that when you are drunk you will say anything, fear that if my aunt or my best friends find out from someone that they will leave me and be mad because I didn't tell them, fear when we sneak out at night and go somewhere"

Liam looked at me then hugged me, wrapping his arms around me, I wrapped my arms around his torso, took a deep breath to take in his smell and relaxed my head on his chest, he rested his head on my shoulder, we just stayed like this for a while then he whispered in my ear:

"I am so sorry you feel all of this, but I am sure we can get through this together, together we can overcome whatever comes in our way"

Cassie: "I know Liam but its just gets stressful and tiring sometimes"

Liam: "I know babe, I get it and I also feel that most of the time but we cant just give up on our beautiful love. No way I will give up on it. Will you be mine again Cass? can I call you my girlfriend again?"

He was shaking his head when he said the last part before the questions, tears in his eyes. I guess that was my limit, I burst into tears, hot tears racing down my face, one after the other. I tired to stop myself and not cry in front of him but I don't know what is happening to me. Liam pulled me into his warm, calming hug. I rested my head against his chest and this made the tears to come out more and faster. Liam started playing in my hair and rubbing my back.