Chapter 72 : the heartbreak

*three days later*

Cassie's P.O.V :

Ok so Liam was coming today .... I am so excited to see him .... oh did I tell you that I got a C in Maths ??? No ??? well then you know now .... I told you Maths was never my favourite subject .... oh and did I also mention that Niall , Harry and Louis came back London yesterday ??? No ??? Liam was going to be home in fifteen minutes . I was at the boys house . Liam didn't know that I was here . The boys wanted to make it a "surprise" .

~
~
~

There was a knock on the door . The boys looked at me as I ran bahind the couch and sat there . Seconds later I heard footsteps and soon I heard Liam said :

"Lads I missed y'all"

The boys : "we missed you too"

Liam seemed sad just hearing his voice , he didn't seem happy at all ..... I wonder why though ..... is he sad that he left Emma and came back to London ??? Did they break up ??? I don't think so ...... Niall then spoke pulling me out of my thoughts :

"So did you miss Cassie ???"

I made a note to kill Niall but I also want to thank him .... I wonder what his answer is ......

Liam : "is this even a question ??? Of course I did miss her ..... I missed her a lot .... If only she was here ...."

His voice became sadder as I smiled at what he said but then a voice inside of me told me :

"Of course he misses you ... you are friends he should miss you"

As much as I wanted to believe my mind which was saying the exact opposite thing ....... I couldn't . I mean Liam doesn't have feelings for me , right ??? Then he misses me as a friend nothing more ..... I walked slowly from behind the couch an walked behind Liam and stood on my tippy toes before wrapping my hands around his eyes .

Liam : "what are you doing lads ???"

I chuckled softly and the boys did the same . I then removed my hands and stood straight smiling . He turned around and once he saw me , he smiled really big and hugged me .....

Liam's P.O.V :

I miss Cassie so much , if only she was here with us now ......... I was pulled out of my thoughts by a pair of hands wrapping around my eyes . I then said :

"What are you doing lads ???"

I heard soft giggles and chuckles which made me confused soon the hands were unwrapped from my eyes . I looked at the three boys standing in front of me , how could one of them hide my eyes when they are standing right in front of me ??? Maybe it is Zayn standing behind me ?? I turned around to see an unexpected person ..... Cassie , a huge smile made it's way to my face as I picked her up from the ground and hugged her really tight and said :

"I missed you so much"

Cassie : "I missed you too"

I put her down and then turned to the boys who were looking at us .

Louis : "are you two done with your little moment ???"

Cassie : "hey hey hey , watch your mouth Tomlinson"

We all laughed and we sat on the couches .

Liam : "so since we are all here I want to tell you something"

My smile faded as I remembered what I was going to tell them ......

Cassie's P.O.V :

We all sat on the couches as Liam said :

"So since we are all here , I want to tell you something"

His smile faded . Me and the boys looked at each other .

Cassie : "now don't say that you are leaving the band too"

I looked at him hopeful ..... he frowned and said :

"Of course not .."

We all let out a sigh of relief .

Niall : "then what is it ???"

Liam took a deep breath and I knew whatever he was going to say is a bad idea .

Liam : "I proposed to Emma and she said yes"

All the boys gasped and then jumped up and down congratulating him and all , I on the other hand just sat there stating at Liam , he didn't look happy and his smile looked so fake .... Why isn't he happy ??? He proposed to his girlfriend ..... The boys looked at me as Harry asked :

"Are you okay ???"

I nodded saying :

"Y-Yeah I am fine , just shocked you know"

Louis : "well it is shocking"

I nodded as I looked at Liam and said :

"Congratulations Liam"

Liam : "thanks love"

I nodded . I looked at the time to find it 9 pm .

Cassie : "guys it is late , I should get going"

They nodded .

Liam : "let me drive you home"

Cassie : "no it is okay , thanks though"

He nodded as I hugged each of them . I went out and started walking to my house , it isn't far from where they live .... Why was Liam unhappy about proposing to Emma ??? Was he forced to do so ??? Was he tired ??? Is he in love with someone else ??? I sighed , why do I care so much about him ??? Oh yeah because I love him , I fucking love a man who will soon get married .... Why am I so stupid ??? I know that he will never love me more than a friend ... I reached home crying . I got in tge house and slide down the door and cried , sobbed actually . I am so stupid for thinking that he actually love me more than a friend , I am stupid for thinking that he cares for me more than a friend ..... Why did my heart chose him ??? WHY ??? Why didn't I love someone else ??? Why ??? Now I am stuck in the stupid love game which I know that I won't win ..... I wish I could forget about him and move on but I know this won't happen soon ........ What did I do to deserve this ??? I am already hurt from mu family and my childhood , I didn't need another hurt but guess what ??? I did fall in love to get hurt ..... I then realised one thing ......

I lost any chances of me telling him about my feelings .........

--------------------------------------------------------- Author's note : Vote . Comment . Share . Follow .

1020 words