Chapter 65 : unexpected news

*one month later*

Cassie's P.O.V :

I was in the car driving to the hospital ....... I parked the car and took my bag and went down . I locked my car and got in . I took the elevator and pressed the 2nd button . Once arrived I went to the front desk and said :

"Um hi . I have an appointment with Dr. Luke"

The lady behind the desk then said :

"Sure ma'am . Have a seat please and we will call for you"

I smiled and nodded . I went and sat and played on my phone . I am nervous . After a couple of patients , it was finally my turn . I got in and closed the door .

Dr. Luke : "good afternoon Ms.Walker . Please has a seat"

Cassie : "good afternoon doctor"

Dr. Luke : "so what do you complian about ???"

Cassie : "well for the past week I have been getting headaches and my eyes would hurt me from time to time and I also feel like I no longer see far things clearly"

Dr. Luke : "you might have short sightedness but let us check to make sure"

I nodded and we got up . I sat on the chair as he turned off the lights and the lights above the chart on the war turned on . He stood beside the chart and pointed to a big C and said :

"Where is the C opened towards ???"

This one is easy .

Cassie : "down"

He nodded and pointed to a smaller one .

Cassie : "right I think"

Anyways after a couple of C's and directions and trying some lens . I sat back in the chair in front of his desk .

Dr. Luke : "so ms.walker you will need glasses ...... Don't worry you won't wear it 24/7 .... you will just wear it when you watch tv or study"

I nodded and thanked him . I took the paper and went out . I paid in the front desk and then went to my car and went to a glasses shop . I have him the paper and I choose the glasses and he said that the lens would be ready in 2 days so in two days I will have my first ever glasses ......

*two days later*

I just came home from the glasses shop . I changed into something comfy and then took out the glasses and put it on of course things seemed some how different . The far things seemed more clear . I tried reading a random name on a random book and it was better than before I had the glasses . I still didn't tell anyone about the glasses ...... I don't know , It just feels weird wearing one and I feel shy but I can't just not wear it . My eyes will become weaker ....... anyways I was now going to work ......

*the next day*

After I can from school . I took off my glasses . These days I have been struggling with the glasses sometimes I would start studying or watching tv without the glasses and when my eyes hurt only then I remember that I should wear the glasses and sometimes I would forget to take it off and I would go out and then I would be embarrassed ..... I can say that now I am starting to get used to it ... at least . I haven't opened any social media these days because I was too busy studying since I have exams going on now . Anyways I need to go to work now ......

~
~
~

After I came back from work . I took my books and laptop and went downstairs . I put on my glasses and started studying .... pray for me ..... after about an hour . The doorbell rang ... I wonder who is here ??? I got up and went to the door . I opened it to find the most unexpected visitors .......

Liam
Louis
Niall
Harry

I gasped and literally jumped in their arms . They hugged me back . They got in and sat down .

Liam : "oh my god Cassie . Are those real glasses ???"

He reached forward to see them and I nodded . See what I mean when I tell you that I forget about it ..... They all grasped .

Niall : "since when are you wearing one ???"

Cassie : "from about 4 days"

Harry : "and why haven't you told us ???"

Cassie : "I don't know . I felt shy I guess . It is still weird for me"

They nodded understandably ..... then I remembered that I want to know the reason of this unexpected visit .

Cassie : "so guys why is this unexpected visit ... shouldn't you be at the Indonesia for your show tomorrow ???"

Louis : "well we have some bad news"

Cassie : "what ??? Are you cancelling the show ???"

They shocked their heads . I raised my eyebrows .

Liam : "Zayn is quitting the band"

What ??? Zayn ???

Cassie : "what ??? Guys this joke isn't funny"

Niall : "we wish it was a joke"

Cassie : "so he is really leaving the band ???"

They nodded their heads sadly .

Cassie : "where is he now ???"

Harry : "at our house . Packing his things up"

I nodded . I got up and ran to the car taking my keys with me . I heard Louis saying to the boys :

"Leave her . Don't worry . She must be shocked"

I got in my car . I can't believe this . I stated crying while driving to their house. As Zayn's friend I was crying because he is leaving me and the boys .... I will miss him and as a directioner I was crying because he left his mates , his brothers . We will no longer see the five boys . They will be just four . We will no longer see him perform with the boys on stage . Only four boys will be on stage not five . What will happen to the band now ??? Will they stay as a four boys or will everyone go in his own direction ..... seriously this is a disaster ...... I reached the house and jumped out of the car . Not bother to lock it . I ran to the house and up the stairs . I went to zayn's room to find him packing his things .....

Cassie : "Zayn"

He turned around and his face was red with tears running down his eyes . I ran into his arms .. we cried into each other arms . I pulled away and said :

"Why are you doing this Zayn ???"

Zayn : "I am sorry Cassie but I am not enjoying it anymore"

I nodded understandably ....

Zayn : "I like your glasses"

I week laughed and thanked him .... the boys then came into the room . They joined me and Zayn as we all hugged and cried ..... I never expected this day to come let alone this soon ........

--------------------------------------------------------- Author's note : Vote . Comment . Share . Follow .

1094 words ☺