Chapter 85 : giving up

Cassie's P.O.V :

Okay , I don't even wanna open it yet I am curious to see what is inside . I opened it and read :

"Cassie :

We have waited for this moment for so long . You are now 18 and you can be your own guardian now . We are so glad that we don't have to be your parents now . We never wanted you and I guess we can officially say that you aren't our daughter . We are sure that you have seen that this isn't the only paper in the envelop and knowing you , you must be curious and we will break your curiosity by telling you what is in the other paper . Okay so the other paper is a copy of a paper that we signed about you being officially not our daughter . So goodbye Cassie forever .

Dad and Mom"

I couldn't believe what my eyes were reading , part of me is sad but the other part is careless , I mean they have never really been my parents and now they officially are . I opened the other paper and saw their signature at the end of the paper . I couldn't help the tears that flew down my eyes . I don't know why I am crying , I mean I expected it to happen one day . I found myself calling my aunt .

May : "hi Cass"

Cassie : "a-aunt can y-you come right n-now"

May : "oh my god Cassie why are you crying ??? I am on my way sweetie"

Cassie : "you will see when you come"

May : "ok ok I am coming"

I hang up and sat on the chair that is beside the presents table . Minutes later there was a knock on the the door , I got up and opened the door and my aunt was standing there with a worried look on her face . I threw myself in her arms as I cried and she rubbed my back trying to comfort me .

May : "what happened Cassie ???"

I pulled away and handed her the two papers without saying a word . I waited for her as she read the papers , she was frowning the whole time she was reading the papers . She looked up and said :

"Oh I am so sorry Cassie"

she hugged me tight as I cried in her shoulder .

Cassie : "I don't know why I am crying aunt"

May : "I understand Cassie if I were in your place , I could have done the same"

I nodded .

~
~
~

For the past hour , aunt May have done nothing but comforted me . She wanted to stay the night with me but I insisted on letting her go to the hotel and rest .

May : "are you sure Cassie ???"

I nodded .

Cassie : "positive"

I hugged her and she hugged me back .

May : "remember I am always here for you"

Cassie : "I know and I appreciate it"

May : "bye Cassie see you in the morning"

Cassie : "bye aunt send my regards to David and Clara"

May : "will do"

I hugged her for the last time before she exited my house . I sat on the couch and sighed . I was about to go to bed when there was a knock on the door . I frowned . Who is coming to visit me at this time ??? It is 11 pm . I shrugged and walked to the door and opened it to see Liam standing there .