632

Advice Request
This person heard some weird noises from their parents room and is now feeling uncomfortable around them.

Answered Submission
Hey!

I understand that hearing such sounds, especially from your parents, would make you feel a little uncomfortable and awkward. It’s not something so terrible that you need to keep dwelling over it though, and I’m sure that after a while, you’ll continue on as usual. Since you did say it was only for 5 seconds, there’s a chance it was actually just a nightmare. Some people scream and shout and say lots of weird things in their sleep. If you think of it that way, the atmosphere could get better.

Another thing you could do is avoid the topic and never mention it again. Maybe try to do more activities with your parents. Like go to a museum or park, cook with your mom, go shopping. If you fill the gap with other activities and thoughts, then the horrible memory would naturally disappear after a while. However, you should also realise that your parents are married after all. It might be a little hard for them to hold back their sexual urges at times, and that’s completely normal. So try to understand them. Give it some time and I’m sure everything will be okay.

I hope you can clear your head soon!

Sincerely,

The Advice Column Team