770

Advice Request
This person's sister thinks they invaded her privacy.

Answered Submission
Hey!

It is not a pleasant feeling when you think your privacy has been invaded. I think your sister must feel like it's unfair that you might have touched her diary. Even if you say you didn't read it, having read the first page itself feels like invasion of privacy.

I think it'll make her feel better if you start a diary yourself and then show her that you wanted to start your own diary, that's why you were searching for diaries. It might clear up the misunderstanding. Other than that, you can also tell her a secret of yours. You should first apologize for touching her diary, even though you didn't read it, because even touching someone else's things without permission is an invasion of privacy. So do apologize for touching her things and then tell her a secret or experience of yours, so that she thinks that her secret for your secret makes it even. Even if you don't know her secret, I think simply telling her a little about yourself will make her feel better. Tell her about something that will make you closer and make the bad situation between you both better.

Please take care of yourself and your sister. I hope everything gets better.

Thank you,
The Advice Column Team