753

Advice Request
This person has an intense crush and can't seem to concentrate on anything else.

Answered Submission
Hey!

13 is an age where you have crushes easily and it is totally okay to have crushes and even relationships when you grow older. You’re still young and it’s your first time experiencing such a thing, hence you’re easily influenced by the feelings and distracted by them as well. When you grow older, you’ll learn to balance between them.

But for now, since it’s your first time, you should work hard to not get distracted. As a person with active imagination, I can tell you that it’s alright to imagine your cute scenarios first and then go on and continue to work. Keep your phone and other electronic devices away from you when studying, also try not to have a pencil in your hand since you might start drawing or writing their name. If it’s still hard to focus, have your sibling or parents sit beside you or at least have them sit in the same room so you can be a little tense and think: your parents/siblings might notice you’re being weird smiling to yourself, so you can’t thinking of your crush right now.

Cleaning up your study place and arranging it well, writing down your tasks and homework on a paper before starting to do your homework, putting on ambience sounds or soft music, a ‘study with me’ video, all kinds of things help you focus on your studies. It’s alright to think of your crush but scoring bad is not a good thing. Think of how your crush might like you if you do well on your next test and maybe you’ll get a chance to talk to them and teach them as well, so you have to try your best to study well. Studying well means they might notice you, so work hard and you might get good grades and a chance to be closer to your crush.

Don’t daydream about good grades, actually get them in reality. Good luck!

Thank you,
The Advice Column Team