Ch. 40 Meeting the Elders

I do not own the song above. Nightcore - All of Me - Female version

Previously

The people I cared about here in the Leaf were all I had left since my mother and father had died.

Present

I quickly changed into the clothes Kushina had left me. I smirked when I looked in the mirror. I was in full ANBU gear but didn't have my ANBU mask. I had my mouth mask pulled up to cover part of my nose and the bottom half of my face. I quickly left the room and went over to the table where Minato and Kushina were eating.

"You managed to convince him?" I asked Kushina. She gave me a defeated look and shook her head.

"Sorry, Rin," she said, her voice never betraying her.

"It's fine, Kushina," I said and looked at Minato, glaring slightly.

"I'm fi—" Minato tried to explain.

"No," I said, cutting him off. "You're not. You barely got any sleep last night and that's not a good thing. You have to stay here and rest at least for the rest of the morning. You'll collapse because of your exhaustion if you don't rest, Minato. I can cover for you while you take the day off, so please, rest." A small smile made it's way to his lips.

"And if I refuse to listen?" He asked.

"If you refuse to listen, hm? I'm sure you'd much rather be eating the same things you did while you were training with that toad summoning you and Jiriya have. If you don't want to be eating whatever the hell you had then, you'll rest for the day. If you come by the Hokage's office don't think I won't be putting you to good use, Minato," I offered a closed eye smile before heading to the door to get my shoes.

"By Kami, Rin. You really know how to get what you want," Minato called to me.

"You really think I'd be here if I didn't, sensei?" I asked in reply. I slipped on my shoes and stood up. "Oh! You know what happened to my ANBU mask?"

"It's in my office. Second drawer, right side," Minato responded.

"Thanks, sensei!" I called as I left their home. I ran on top of the rooftops to the Hokage's office and leapt through an open window. I sensed Lord Third and the three Elders of the Leaf sitting a little ways from me.

"Just what does a brat like you think they're doing barging into the Hokage's office?" Danzo asked. I started walking over to the Hokage's desk before answering.

"I'll have you know I'm not some brat, as you seem to think. Please address me as Ice. I'm here as the Fourth Hokage's substitute. Is there anything I need to make clearer?" I asked as I reached into the second drawer of the Hokage's desk and pulled out my ANBU mask. (AN: Rin means cold so I'm using Ice as a way for the Elders to steer clear of having her as a suspect.)

"Ice, hm?" Danzo asked.

"Yes, sir. Now, please explain why you are here, Lord Third," I said, directing my attention to the Third Hokage.

"The four of us as well as Minato were supposed to meet today to discuss your release," Lord Third replied.

"Hm. I had actually been wondering about that myself. Though, I have a feeling it might be because I managed to clear up some of what had happened in the ANBU's dungeons last night," I said. I sat down in the chair behind the Hokage's desk before leaning back.

"And just what did you clear up, brat?" Danzo asked.

"My name is not brat, Danzo. I've already told you to address me as Ice. If that's too hard for you to do, then please, don't call me anything. I'm warning you now, call me brat again and you'll be seeing the inside of either the hospital or the morgue. Your choice," I said, deathly calm.