Ch. 41 Preparing to Fight Kakashi and Pranking Minato

Previously

Singing was the easiest way to get my mind off whatever I was thinking about. If I let my mind wander, it would go down an endless rabbit hole of memories and questions. I didn't want to go through that at the moment. There had been a lot going on lately, especially with Kakashi. He had changed since Obito had 'died.' I worried for him now more than ever.

Present

I went over to Training Ground Three to start preparing for my fight with Kakashi. I was doing basic stretches when I could feel someone watching me and quickly glanced around. I made a hand sign and focused on sensing whoever was watching me. I found a small chakra signature behind me and quickly turned around. I saw a slight distortion in the air just above the tree line.

I sighed and shook my head. Sensei had had everyone on Team Minato memorize sign language so we could communicate on missions with little to no noise. I started signing to him, thinking that if Lord Third was watching, so was Minato and the elders. Really, sensei? You could've given me a warning, ya know. I signed.

I heard the tussle of leaves behind me and turned around. Minato was behind me. He looked even more tired than before. He signed back to me saying, I knew you would figure it out eventually.

"You still haven't gotten any rest, have you?" I asked him.

"Is it really that obvious?" He asked.

"Yes, sir. Now go over to the tree line and rest, will ya?" I asked. Minato nodded, his shoulders sagging in defeat. He sluggishly walked over to the tree line and sat down under a bit of shade. He crossed his arms over his chest and fell asleep almost instantly. I really doubted that anyone watching could tell he was sleeping. I'd have to wake him up before the match started.

I went back to stretching. It didn't take me much longer to finish stretching and actually start warming up. I practiced my throws with kunai and shuriken. I started practicing a few jutsu like the Clone Jutsu and a few other basic ones. I went to taijutsu after that. I probably looked like an absolute idiot while practicing taijutsu but it worked for me.

I was doing flips and backhand springs before landing on my feet or going into my splits. Eventually, I landed on the tree about a foot or two above Minato's head. I stood up and took a few small steps closer to his head. I stopped when I could look directly at his face without being on the ground. I had an idea after a moment. I broad smile came to my face and didn't leave as I went to go and get my supplies.

I came back about fifteen minutes later and saw Minato was still sleeping. I started laughing quietly to myself as I walked over to his sleeping form. He was probably going to hate me for this but I really didn't care. This was gonna be hilarious. I quickly set to work with putting makeup on him. I heard someone walk up behind me and turned around. It was Kushina. I made a motion for her to come over quietly so Minato wouldn't wake up.

When Kushina saw was I was doing, she nearly laughed out loud. She managed to contain her laughter though. I smirked. I knew this was going to be hilarious. I quickly finished and started putting a bit of glitter on his eyes. I gathered up everything I had brought with me and quickly sealed it into a scroll. Kushina and I both shared a look and immediately started laughing.

Our laughter had woken Minato up. He looked at us, amusement sparkling in his eyes. Neither of us could stop laughing for a good few minutes. By the time we had stopped laughing, my stomach hurt and I had to gulp in breaths of air.

"Oh my God, this is amazing," I remarked, still a little breathless.

"What gave you the idea?" Kushina asked.

"He was sleeping and I thought I had better screw with him now or else I probably won't get another chance, especially since he's the Hokage. It worked out better than expected though considering I thought he was gonna wake up halfway through," I replied.

"I wish you would've come to me. I saw you running around the village and wondered what you were doing, ya know. I wish I would've thought of this, ya know," Kushina said.

"How about this — we work together on a new vic- I mean volunteer? I'm thinking Kakashi as the next person to prank. Or Tiger cause I have a Prank War proposition from him," I said. Kushina smirked.

"I'll help you with Kakashi and maybe give you a few ideas for that friend of yours," Kushina said, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Please don't end up hurting anyone in the process," Minato said.

"Yes, sir. I think the worst thing that's gonna happen is someone getting pissed but other than that we should be good," I replied. I heard the leaves move slightly above us and looked up.

"Sensei, Kushina-san, Rin," Kakashi greeted.

"Boy, what do you think of Lord Fourth's makeup?" I asked.

"Hm?" Kakashi asked, jumping down from the tree to crouch next to me. His eye widened in shock before he started laughing. My eyes turned into saucers. I didn't think Kakashi of all people would laugh.

"Who are you and what have you done with Kakashi?" I asked.

"What're you talking about? Am I really not allowed to laugh? Tch," Kakashi remarked.

"Alright you're back to normal. But what the hell was that? You, out of everyone I know, is the least likely to laugh," I said.

"Oh, really?" He asked.

"Mhm," I replied.

"And why is that?" He questioned.

"The past," I said simply. His eye widened in shock.

"Huh? Kakashi? What are you doing here?" A male voice asked. I looked up. A kid a few years younger than us was standing off to the side. He had ninja weapons on him. My hand hovered over my kunai pouch in a mere moment.

"Who are you?" I hissed.

"Hm? Me?" The kid said, pointing to himself.

"Who else?" I snapped.

"Oh! The name's Tenzo!" He said happily, a fake smile making it's way onto his face.

"Lier," I accused.

"Huh?" 'Tenzo' asked.

"Your name isn't Tenzo. If it was, your smile wouldn't be fake," I replied.

"How did you know it was fake?" He asked.

"Your eyes. They tell a different story from the rest of you. Something happened to you," I said matter-of-factly.

"You're right. My name isn't Tenzo. It's just what I've been ordered to say it is," He said.

"Figured. You wouldn't lie about your name if you didn't have to," I said.

"I can't say anymore than that," he said.

"It's fine," I said, standing up and walking over to him. I placed a hand on his head and messed up his hair a bit. I walked to the KIA Stone, sat down cross legged, and sighed. It had already been a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I'm also adding in Tenzo - someone from Naruto Shippuden - in now. He'll have a big part of the story later on because of his ties to the ANBU Root and Kakashi.

Also! I wanted to say a quick happy Memorial Day everyone!

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter!