Ch. 66 Getting to Know Him

I do not own the song above! Song - Fire Meets Fate by Ruelle

Previously

"Get some sleep, kid," Ares ordered softly.

"I was already planning on it," I replied groggily. I slipped into sleep just as Ares slipped out the door.

Present

Dream

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I looked at my hands and saw a child's hands in place of my own. I was a child again. I was sitting on my old bed and I had a throbbing pain in my back from the injury Father had given me the year earlier. It had healed over but had left a scar that ran from my shoulders to just past my waist.

It still gave me trouble even years later. Lady Tsunade had managed to heal most of the damaged tissue but there was only so much she could do. I sighed and slowly got out of bed. I walked down stairs sluggishly and made my way to the kitchen. My eyes widened when I saw the blood.

There was so much blood. I saw mother laying on the ground with blood pooling around her. She was covered in blood but was somehow still alive. I tried to move her toward the door but I wasn't strong enough. I couldn't moved her and I already was covered in her blood.

"R-un... hur... ry... Rin..." she whispered.

"Mother?" I asked.

"Go..." she whispered.

"I can't leave you," I whispered, tears starting to stream down my face.

"You... must..." she whispered, gently setting her hand on my cheek. I shook my head slowly, knowing I would never forgive myself for leaving her but at the same time I knew I had to leave to survive.

"I'm sorry, mother," I whispered before sprinting out of the house.

End

I shot upright and tried to get rid of the bloody images of my childhood. I was panting but I realized I wasn't chained down. I looked at my wrists and saw leather studded bracelets in place of the chains that were on my wrists yesterday. I reached for my neck and felt the collar that was now around my neck. It was made of the same material as the bracelets.

"Finally awake, hm?" Lucifer asked.

"Am I needed, sir?" I asked.

"Not at the moment. I was just hoping to speed up the process a bit by giving you a new outfit of sorts," he replied. I looked at what I was wearing and blushed.

"Not exactly what I was expecting when you mentioned the new outfit," I remarked.

"And just what were you expecting?" He asked.

"Something more along the lines of a fancy ass dress instead of rock band geek," I replied.

"Rock band geek?" Lucifer questioned.

"I'll admit the choker and these bracelet things go with the leather, but you really need to find out mundie slang," I replied.

"Where did you learn that?" He asked.

"Which thing?" I asked in return, sliding out of bed.

"Mundie," he replied.

"Hera," I said.

"Don't forget your shoes, dear," he said and left.

"Understood, sir," I replied and quickly put them on. They were six inch leather boots that laced up the front. Admittedly they looked awesome. The only problem was I had never really worn heels, let alone six inches. I stumbled around for a while before finally getting the hang of them.