Ch. 33 Healing and Improving

I do not own the song above. Song - Nightcore Don't You Worry Child

Previously

"I'm still standing, aren't I?" I questioned. She lowered her gaze. I quickly folded up my scythe and clipped it onto my belt before walking over to her. I knelt behind her and pulled the senbon out of her skin. She grunted in pain as I pulled each out.

Present

I stepped back and slid the senbon needles back into my kunai pouch. I stood up and took a few steps away from her. I huffed and rested a hand on my hip. This girl was a good ninja but didn't seem to understand you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I turned around and walked to were the Fourth was standing and kneeled before him, bowing my head in the process.

"Was my performance satisfactory to you, Lord Hokage?" I asked.

"Stand up and raise your head," He ordered strictly.

"Yes, sir," I said and followed his command. I raised my head but stared straight in front of me, not daring to look him in the eye. I set my feet shoulder width apart and clasped my hands behind my back as a sign of respect towards the Fourth Hokage.

"Why ask if your performance was satisfactory to me?" The Fourth questioned.

"You are the Hokage. It is my wish to serve you in the most efficient way possible as a Leaf ninja. If there is something wrong with my performance, then I would like to correct it as quickly as possible, Lord Fourth," I replied.

"I can't dictate how you fight if the fighting style you use works. If you would like to improve your performance, improve your discipline and keep a cool head at all times. Remember, Rin, don't raise your voice, improve your argument," He advised me.

"Yes, sir. Thank you, sir," I said in reply.

"You will be calling the names for the next teams. Understood?" He questioned me.

"Yes, sir," I reply. We turned our attention to the board. Seconds later, the rapid clicking of the board was heard throughout the room. Once the clicking ceased and the pair of names appeared, I heard the sound of metal on metal behind me. I pulled out a kunai of my own and quickly turned around, ready to block any oncoming weapons.

My eyes narrowed when I saw Kakashi standing tense with a kunai of his own raised. It couldn't have been either of the two we had fought against. The girl was tense as well. So far, no one in sight was fighting. Whoever this was, they were skilled, likely at least Jounin level or above. I fully closed my eyes before making a hand sign to search for any chakra signature I could.

My eyes snapped open and I growled. I knew exactly who had thrown the kunai and who had caught them. I figured Minato would have ANBU members hidden out of sight but I didn't think Kushina would be here. I put my kunai away and took off toward where she was. Hopefully, I would make it in time to save him. He had told me he would come, but I didn't think it would be this soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I do not own the song used in this chapter or any of the other chapters in this book!

I'll explain who it is Kushina caught in the next chapter. He is going to be a big part of future chapters of this book.

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter!