Ch. 73 Aurora

I do not own the song above! KHS - Natural

Previously

"You really are something, kid," Leo said.

"Aren't we all?" I asked.

Present

"Man," Asuma muttered.

"Was it okay?" I asked.

"You can cook," Rhysand said, smiling.

"That's an understatement, Rhys," Tamlin said, smiling as well.

"I've had a long while to work on it, you two," I said.

You haven't been this happy for some time, little one, Aurora said softly. Everyone else was startled by her sudden appearance in their minds.

It's been some time since I've been home, Aurora, I replied.

"What the hell?" Kurenai asked.

"Dragon?" Ares asked, a knowing glint in his eyes.

You are with that blasted predecessor of yours aren't you? Aurora growled. I chuckled at her outburst.

Come now, lass. He isn't always terrible, I remarked. I saw her shadow getting bigger outside and beckoned the others to follow me outside.

"You never mentioned you were a Rider," Faye said.

"You never asked," I replied, going to greet Aurora as she landed. She was an emerald green dragon with piercing green eyes. She looked at Ares and growled. He bowed his head as a sign of respect. A plume of smoke rose from Aurora's nostrils.

"Holy shit," Asuma muttered.

"Language!" I called.

"You're an idiot," Tamlin muttered.

In that, I will not argue with you, Faerie, Aurora mused.

"You really gotta do me like that?" I asked, laughing a bit.

"You are the easiest one to tease, kid," Rhysand said.

"I'm not the one with a Mate, ya know," I remarked.

"You sure about that?" Mor asked.

"Mhm. I'd know it when it snapped into place. If it ever does anyway," I replied, climbing onto Aurora's back.

"And just how would you know that?" Beron growled.

"The same way you Fae do," I replied.

"You really think it's at all close?" Tarquin growled.

"You really think I'm gonna get a Mate?" I snarled back.

"Not if you are anything like your predecessor," Tarquin growled.

"If you have a problem with me that I am unaware of, I'd suggest you deal with it. You just might regret going against me," I said, deathly calm.

"And you've made her angry, Tarquin. Push her much more and you won't have a head," Ares said.

"Tch. You really think a mere child could kill a High Lord?" Tarquin asked arrogantly. I slipped into his mind and forced him to his knees. Blood started to flow from his lips a few moments later. I released him after about thirty seconds. Tarquin fell onto his elbows and started coughing blood.

"He warned you, High Lord. Push me too far and you'll get worse," I said, maintaining an emotionless facade.

He is quite pathetic, isn't he? Aurora asked.

Quite. He's no stronger than a newborn, I replied. Aurora took flight a moment later, leaving no room for argument. Aurora flew to the top of the Hokage Mountain. I slid off her back and walked over to the edge of the mountain to sit down. No one ever came up here so it was quiet... peaceful even.

I started singing to get out of my own head. I ignored Rhysand, Tamlin and Lucien when they came to stand near Aurora. I never wanted them to see me hurt like I was back when I was a kid. They didn't need to worry about me anymore.

"You really are something, Rin," Tamlin said softly.

"Why do you three always come and find me?" I asked, tears welling in my eyes.

"Why wouldn't we?" Lucien asked.

"No one would care if I disappeared," I whispered.

"You may be a prodigy, Rin, but you can be really stupid sometimes," Rhysand growled.

"Isn't that what all monsters are?" I asked.

"You... stupid girl!" Rhysand yelled.

"What's the difference between me and Amarantha? Hm?" I asked, tears freely flowing down my cheeks. Not that any of the Fae could see them.

"How could you ever compare yourself to her?!" Lucien yelled.

"Once a monster, always a monster. Or so Hera always said," I replied.

"You were never, never a monster," Tamlin whispered, kneeling behind me.

"Why don't you tell that to Tarquin?" I asked.

"He already knows," Rhysand said.

"You linked with the others?" I asked.

"Just Tarquin," Rhysand replied.

"Ya know, I'd understand if he started hating me after today," I muttered.

"You really think anyone could hate you?" Tamlin asked.

"I have a club," I remarked.

"I'm guessing she's part of it?" Rhysand asked.

"Yeah. Amarantha basically started it. She still hates all of you too," I replied.

"Wonderful," Lucien grumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I do not own the song used in this chapter nor any other media in this book!

This chapter was a little insight into Rin and her insecurities. She's scared and doesn't quite no what she should do.

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!