Ch. 61 Hel

Previously

"Okay. Let's make the most of the little time we have," I replied. We ran to his apartment and I knew almost immediately it was going to be a long afternoon.

Present

I groaned as I woke up. I rolled over and looked at a still sleeping Kakashi. He looked peaceful. It was odd seeing him like this when he was usually so cold and hateful to everyone around him. I heard him groan as he started to wake up. I poked his cheek and heard him chuckle.

"Really, Rin?" He asked, slowly opening his eyes.

"Yep," I replied. Kakashi smiled softly and slowly sat up. I felt myself blush as I remembered earlier.

"You're cute when you blush," Kakashi said softly.

"R-Really?" I asked.

"Mhm," he hummed and climbed out of bed. I blushed a deeper shade of red and stayed in bed until Kakashi had gone from the room. I slowly got out of bed and got ready for the day. My blush slowly faded the more time passed.

"Mother?" Persephone asked.

"What is it, Percy?" I asked.

"Who is he?" She asked.

"Kakashi?" She nodded. "He's... a lot of things. A prodigy, a genius, and the son of the White Fang to name a few."

"That's not what I meant," she objected.

"I figured. He's also the only one that's ever managed to break down my walls in their entirety. I trust him," I said.

"But... He's human and won't live as long as you will once you return," she muttered.

"I wouldn't judge him just yet, little one. You forget that the White Fang was Sakumo Hatake?" I asked.

"Hatake?!" She gasped.

"Yeah. He's Kakashi's father," I said.

"So he's..." Persephone started.

"Took you long enough to figure it out," I remarked.

"Hey!" She yelled. I felt the now familiar chill that Hades brought with him.

"Child," he said.

"Hello, Hades," I greeted.

"It is time," he announced.

"You sure we can't give her more time?" Persephone asked.

"No, it's okay. You've given me enough," I said and walked over to stand within arms length from Hades.

"But-" Persephone started.

"No, Persephone. It's time to go," I said firmly.

"If you say so, mother," she said quietly, lowering her eyes. I set a hand on top of her head and she glanced up.

"Don't be so upset about being able to order me around, little one," I said softly, a ghost of a smile on my lips.

"But you're my elder, mother. I can't order you around," she replied.

"I'm also human, Percy. You and lover boy over there out rank me," I pointed out.

"Lover boy?" Hades asked.

"You don't really stick to one person for long, you know," I replied.

"I suppose that is true," he said vaguely.

"Let's go. I don't want this to be any harder than it already is," I said.

"But... how is leaving a little place like this hard?" Persephone asked.