Ch. 98 A Bit of History Comes to Light

I do not own the picture or song above! Omurice pictured. Disturbed - The Sound of Silence

Previously

We didn't say anything as we walked back in a comfortable silence. We quickly got ready for bed and went to sleep. I knew morning would come far too soon, but I wasn't going to worry about it now.

Present

Morning really did come far too soon. I groaned as I slowly started to wake up. It was time for us all to go home. I yawned and slowly sat up. I heard Kurenai getting up as well.

"Ohayo," I said groggily.

"Ohayo," Kurenai grumbled.

"You're not a morning person, are you?" I asked, chuckling lightly.

"Hmpf," she huffed and threw her pillow at me. I caught it and threw it on her bed.

"Which do you prefer, tea or coffee?" I asked.

"Coffee with milk and two sugars," Kurenai replied instantly.

"Okay. I'll have a cup ready for you soon," I said. I quietly left the room and started to make breakfast for everyone. I also put on a pot of coffee. I made everyone omurice. It was a fairly simple dish to make. I heard a few pairs of feet shuffling around the room as I finished decorating the last omurice with ketchup.

"That smells so good," Kurenai said sleepily. I set a cup of coffee with milk and two sugars in front of her.

"You really aren't a morning person, are you?" I asked again. Kurenai sent me a glare as she started sipping her coffee.

"This somehow seems better than the one I make," she said dejectedly.

"Hm? There's still coffee in the pot if you want more later, Ku-chan," I said.

"Thanks," she said sincerely. I set a plate of omurice in front of her.

"You're welcome. Now eat," I said. I set a plate in front of Asuma and Kakashi when they sat down on either side of Kurenai.

"Ohayo," Kakashi and Asuma greeted groggily. Kurenai and I said the same thing in reply but in a more awake way. On silent feet, I walked over to where Tamlin and Rhysand lay, still sleeping. I flicked their noses to wake them up. They slowly opened their eyes to glare at me.

Before either could ask me why I was waking them up, I held a finger to my lips to signal they should keep quiet. I quickly signed to them what I was going to do to get L up. Each of them had a dark smirk once I did.

I took a few steps towards where L was sleeping and started channeling a small bit of my chakra into my legs. I jumped a few feet in the air and landed squarely on L's stomach. He growled lowly as he opened his eyes and glared at me.

"Were you really enjoying your beauty rest that much?" I asked incredulously as I stepped off of him. L just grumbled something I didn't quite hear and rolled over, effectively putting his back to me. I roughly shoved his shoulder with my foot.

"You aren't going to let me go back to sleep are you?" He asked, tiredly.

"Nope!" I replied, much too enthusiastically for so early in the morning.

"How you have so much energy so early astounds me," Kami grumbled groggily, having been woken up by our conversation.

"Tea or coffee, Kami?" I asked, walking back to the kitchen. "You still take yours with milk and six sugars, old man?"