Ch. 50 The Third Exam and a Request

Previously

"Right... I guess that could work," I replied and stepped back into the room. Kakashi closed the door behind me and started to pull off his shirt. My face started to heart up again and I looked away. I had to stop blushing so much around him and I had to figure out why I was blushing so much around him as well. I sighed and shook my head before getting ready for bed.

Present

I groaned as I slowly sat up and set my feet on the ground. I stood up and stretched before looking around. I saw a pile of clothes neatly folded  on the edge of the bed and walked over curiously. There was a not on top that said the clothes were given to Kakashi from Minato and to meet at the Academy at noon on the dot. I glanced over at the clock next to the bed and saw it was already eleven thirty.

I started to panic and got ready as quickly as I could before running down the hall to the door. I slammed into Kakashi at the door and we both fell back. He was already ready and looked a little worried. I sighed and stood up before offering a hand to him. He took it and I helped him up. We shared a look and started sprinting toward the Academy.

It took us a few minutes to get to the Academy and we were panting by the time we were at the entrance. I glanced around and didn't see anyone other than Minato and Lord Third. I growled as Kakashi and I walked over to them. I smelled the food one of them had before I saw it. I was standing in front of Minato and Lord Third in mere moments once I knew they had food.

Minato held a bag of steamed meat buns in front of my face. I took the bag and sat down before opening it. I tossed one behind me at Kakashi and heard him sigh at my actions. I was about to pull down my mask when I heard someone skid on the dirt behind me. I knew who it was without needing to turn around and sighed heavily.

"What do you want this time, Gai?" Kakashi asked.

"Who's you're new lady friend, Kakashi?" Gai asked.

"None of your damn business," I snapped and heard Kakashi sigh from behind me.

"You're really that hungry?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied, setting down the meat bun I had in my hand and standing up.

"Rin..." Kakashi said warily.

"If I spar with you and win, will you leave?" I asked Gai.

"Yes, my youthful flower!" Gai exclaimed. I smirked. This was going to be way too easy.

"Let's begin," I said calmly and turned to fully face Gai and Kakashi. Gai had a wide grin on his face as he got into a fighting stance. I stuck my hands in my pockets and started walking over to him.

"Aren't you going to get into a fighting position?" Gai asked.

"Are you going to attack first or should I?" I asked in return. Gai stayed where he was and waited. I sighed and ran up to him before kicking him under the chin and sending him a good few feet into the air. I waited until he had barely landed on the ground again to land a kick to his chest and have him land on his back in mere moments. I walked over and set a foot on his chest to signal the match was over and he had lost.

"You are the better of us," Gai said, knowing he wouldn't win. I didn't reply as I took my foot off his chest and walked back over to eat the meat buns Minato had brought with him. I pulled down my mask and quickly took a bite of one of the buns before pulling my mask back up again and hit Gai away from myself and my precious meat buns.

"You two pass the Third Exam," Minato said, smiling softly. I lifted an eyebrow in question as I took another bite of the meat bun I had in my hand.