Ch. 8 Shopping, Missions, and Ramen Part 1

Previously

"I know what you mean. It's just nice to have someone to talk to huh?"

"Yeah. Having someone always makes things easier."

"Right!"

Present

We started walking around the village again. The only difference was that we were going to look for what Rin wanted. We had already gone to a few stores but hadn't gotten anything.

"Oh my gosh!"

"Hm?"

"That outfit looks amazing!" Rin was looking through a window at the outfit on display.

"Do you want it?"

"It looks expensive though."

"Why don't we go see how much it is and then go from there?"

"Alright." We walked into the store and looked for an employee so we could ask about the outfit on display. We finally found someone after walking around the store for about ten minutes. The person looked up as we came over.

"Can I help you?" The person was a female with a pixie cut. She looked and sounded like she didn't want to be here.

"Yeah. Do you know how much the outfit on display at the front is?"

"No. Sorry." I scoffed.

"Let's go find someone that will actually help us alright Rin?"

"Yeah." She sounded sad.

"Hey. It's okay. We still have time before we have to meet with Minato-sensei."

"I know. It's just... I don't want to be a burden."

"Is that really what you think you are? A burden?"

"I am a burden though. I'm the one always getting saved by you and sensei and Obito."

"We rescue you because we care about you. You were never a burden and you never will be."

"You really think that?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know... I guess I always thought I could do better and catch up to you."

"Haven't you already?"

"Ah!" I smiled beneath my mask. She was happier now.

"Ready to find someone helpful now?"

"Yeah!"

We continued walking around the store trying to find someone. We were about to give up when I noticed someone staring at us. I looked at them. A girl? I think. She had an employee uniform on.

"Can I help you guys with anything?"

"Yeah. Can you tell us how much the outfit on display costs?"

"Oh. I'm afraid it's one hundred thousand yen."

"Oh. Okay. Let's go Kakashi. Thank you miss." Rin was looking down. I could tell she was upset.

"Hey. Do you want to save up together so we can get that outfit?"

"You don't have to."

"And if I want to?"

"I guess that's okay."

"Let's go see if we can get a few missions and start saving for that outfit."

"Right!"

Time Skip