Ch. 79 Lost and Found

I do not own the song above. Julia Brennan - Inner Demons

Previously

"Let's go," he said lowly.

"Let's," I said, turning away from the Faeries and walking toward the village.

Present

"What do you want, brat?" Danzo asked. I slipped into his mind and quickly found the memory of Danzo telling Sakumo to either kill himself or Kakashi.

"I'm here to give you a warning. Come near my family and I'll kill you," I snarled and left.

"Does it check out?" Kakashi asked when I returned outside. I had him wait outside the Root and send word to me should any Root members come through that entrance. No one had.

"It does. I gave Danzo a warning so he just might stay away from the house for a time," I replied.

"I wouldn't count on it," Kakashi said.

"Neither would I," I said.

"Only time will tell," he said.

"I suppose so," I said. We made it back to the house in mere minutes and saw the others were still in the same places we had left them.

"He went with you?" Helion asked.

"I had him stay outside. Sakumo's story checks out," I replied.

"He's happy with you," Sakumo said.

"He's the reason I came back from Hel," I said, following his gaze to Kakashi.

"Stay with him, will you?" Sakumo asked.

"Always," I replied, smiling softly.

"Thank you, Rin," Sakumo said, his body quickly starting to deteriorate.

"Your welcome," I replied softly.

"Be careful," Sakumo ordered softly.

"As long as you do the same, I will do my best," I replied.

"Good." Sakumo's soul went back the other world and I walked back inside.

"You look like crap," Rhysand said.

"Mhm. You don't look too hot yourself, Rhys," I replied.

"Shift," Ares ordered quietly. I sensed them a moment later and froze as I felt my blood run cold. I started to shake as they came nearer.

"Hurry up, kid!" Leo yelled.

"Hey. It's okay. Everything is going to be okay. Breathe," Kakashi said, standing a little bit in front of me. I slowly breathed in and out. In and out. I barely managed to shift to my Fae form before the door leading to the back was shattered.

"Where's that whore you always keep by your side, Ares?" The first male asked.

"Yeah. I thought we'd be able to have a little fun with her," the other male said.

"You shouldn't speak so unkindly about someone stronger than you," I said coolly, surprising myself at how steady my voice was.

"What would a pretty thing like you know about it?" The first male asked. I smirked.

"Don't be too brutal," Ares said lowly. I summoned my scythe and shifted back to my mortal form.

"Quite a damn bit," I said lowly.

"So you are here," the other male said.

"Why don't we play a little game, hm?" The first male asked. I started laughing lowly before it turned into maniacal laughter.