Ch. 86 Blood Calls to Blood

Previously

"Th-there was n-nothing you c-could do," I whispered.

Present

"I wish there was," Kakashi said.

"Th-they d-didn't kn-know," I stuttered.

"You didn't know," Kakashi said softly.

"I kn-know," I whispered.

"Try not to dwell on it," Asmodeus said.

"Y-you th-think I w-want to?" I asked.

"No, I don't. I have seen how you get lost in that head of yours," he said.

"What you see is not always what is true," I growled, surprised at how strong my voice had become.

"I am well aware," Asmodeus growled.

"I would like to think so, Prince," I snapped. He growled lowly in response as well as warning.

"Be careful, Kit," Kurama warned.

"Why? Can't he take a simple mention of a title?" I questioned.

"What would you know of titles?" Asmodeus growled dangerously.

"More than you would think," I replied.

"Name one," he challenged.

"Does 'abomination' work for you? Or would 'monster' work better? Or how about 'worthless little slut' Asmodeus? Pick whichever you like best," I spat.

"Who said that?" Kakashi asked lowly.

"What does it matter?"

"Give me a name, Rin," he demanded.

"Hera," I replied.

"Why would sh--" Kurama started.

"She hated me more than anything. If it wasn't for knowing my birth parents, she would have let me die a long, long time ago. There is no changing her," I said, cutting him off.

"You have not given up so easily before," Asmodeus said coolly.

"I gave up on trying to change her when she stole my magic," I replied.

"That's a violation of the Law," Kurama whispered.

"Not if it was an order from the Council," I replied.

"She was ordered to steal your magic?" Kakashi growled.

"She was ordered to torture me. What happened during that time was up to her discretion," I replied.

"I'll kill her," Asmodeus snarled.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind, my dear," I said softly.

"You will let her live after what she did?" He growled.

"I will let her live because I will receive another title I have never wanted if I kill her," I snapped.

"So it's all about you, huh?" Asmodeus scoffed.

"What difference does it make?" I asked.

"You would rather save yourself than the people here. It's pitiful," he said.

"What is pitiful about wanting to stay alive?" I asked. Asmodeus gave a dry laugh.

"You care more about the ones that are lesser than you than you do your own people. They aren't your family," he said.

"They're the only family I have left!" I yelled, turning to look at him.

"Those things aren't your blood," he said dully.