Ch. 6 The New Hokage

Previously

Lord Third was missing the middle part of his Hokage robe, the armor showing beneath. Everyone was shocked and when Kakashi looked up, he had the Mangekyo Sharingan.

Present

Everyone was in a shocked silence. Kakashi soon fell to his knees grabbing his eye.

"Kakashi!" Rin yelled running over. She held up her hands and slowly managed to get Kakashi to take his hands off his Sharingan eye. We all saw blood on them and Rin healing his eye with the familiar mint green aura around her hands.

"Oh, Kakashi. What am I going to do with you now?" I wondered aloud.

"Minato. Come here."

"Yes, Lord Hokage."

"I know you are worried. Try not to be. He will be alright, whether it be now or in the years to come."

"But Lord Hokage, how is that possible?"

"That is just human nature. I will be retiring soon and will have to choose a new Hokage."

"Retiring? But why? The village still needs you."

"No. They need a leader and right now, I cannot be that leader for them which is why I am appointing you the Fourth Hokage."

"Me?! But why? Out of everyone in the Leaf, why me?"

"Because it's you. You are a person of integrity, love, and loyalty. You are a strong leader, Minato. I chose you to succeed me because of who you are and why you are that way. Do you accept?"

"Yes, Lord Hokage. I accept." I said closing my eyes.

"Very good. Then let it be known here and now that Minato Namekaze is the Fourth Hokage!" Once the Third had said that I looked up, a look of determination on my face.

"Team 7, we have a mission to complete." Everyone was looking at me with smiles except Kakashi who was still sitting on the ground panting.

Time Skip

We went to the house I shared with Kushina, my wife. She started squealing at how cute Rin was which made Kakashi sigh. He had moved his headband over his Sharingan eye on the way over here while I told them what our mission consisted of.

We had to tell Kushina that I had been offered the Hokage's job and accepted. We had discussed the best way to tell her but we couldn't really come up with one other than to try and be straightforward.

"Kushina?"

"Yup!"

"I... uh... I got offered the Hokage's position." I said rubbing the back of my neck. She had a shocked look on her face which was very rare for her.

"OH, MY KAMI!!! Why didn't you tell me sooner?! You accepted, didn't you?"

"Yeah, I did. Isn't your dream to become the first female Hokage though?"

"Being the Hokage's wife is the next best thing. Now come on! We're going out for ramen, datteboyo!" I sighed at her enthusiasm as did Kakashi. Rin just giggled at it.

Kakashi's POV

We went to Ichiraku Ramen Shop. It was the same place that Obito would drag the team too after training. Teuche was the owner along with his daughter Ayame. I couldn't eat because I kept thinking about Obito.

I felt someone poke me after a while making me look up. I saw Rin and everyone was looking at me.

"What?" I snapped.

"You haven't touched your food," Rin answered for everyone.

I huffed. "You were thinking about him weren't you?"

"Thinking about who, Rin?" I asked getting annoyed.

"Obito." I sighed and looked back at my ramen bowl.

"How can I not, especially after what just happened?" Rin looked down. "You're not going to cry are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's not a time to cry right?" I said rephrasing it a little. Rin was shocked. Everyone was. "It's a time to be happy. Minato-sensei is going to be Hokage, isn't he?"

"Yeah!" Rin said and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All right everyone! So... Future chapters will focus on Team Minato celabrating Minato getting the news about becoming Hokage.

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!