Ch. 16 Returning to Konoha

I do not own the song above.

Previously

"Be careful, Rin. I don't want to lose you again," Obito said.

"You too. And when am I not careful?" I asked. Obito laughed.

Present

Zetsu had brought me to another room to gather my weapons and any medical supplies I would need. He told me that Konoha was a week's journey from where we currently were and he would accompany me as far as the barrier around the village. They had it implemented shortly after the mission. The war had finished shortly after resulting in Konoha's victory.

It didn't take me long to finished packing. Zetsu gave me a traveling cloak to wear on the journey to Konoha. I was also given a small bag to use on any future missions. I took a breath, pulled on a mouth mask, and quickly slipped on the bag and cloak before meeting with Zetsu and leaving the base.

Zetsu led the way toward the Leaf. Slowly, things started to become more and more familiar to me. After a day of travel, I knew where far away from the village we were based off of our surroundings. Zetsu made a small camp for us. We set off again in the morning.

It didn't take long for Zetsu to stop. He explained to me that the barrier was a little ways ahead of us and that he would have to turn back then. I nodded in response and continued on my way to the Leaf. I heard leaves rustling behind me and quickly hid behind a tree.

"This is were Lord Forth said the chakra signature should've been at the pase it was going. It's likely the person is injured as to have only made it this far from the barrier," A male said, seemingly bored. I risked a look to see if I recognized who was there. I did and I froze.

Kakashi... I think. Sorry, Kakashi, but I can't talk to you now. Maybe next time. I start running back to the Leaf and quickly slip through the gates. I walked through Konaha's bustling streets and made my way over to the Hokage's mansion. A bit before arriving at the Hokage's mansion, I started jumping from rooftop to rooftop to increase my speed. I channeled chakra into the bottoms of my feet and started running up the side of the Hokage mansion to get to the top.

I landed on the very top of the Hokage mansion before a Leaf ninja came. The ninja was my old sensei, Minato. I froze for a moment before channeling my chakra into my fist and punching Minato-sensei in the gut. I sent him a few feet away from me and used the time I managed to give myself to swing over the edge of the Hokage's mansion and throw myself through one of the windows and into the Hokage's office.

Minato-sensei came in shortly after me. He looked from me to the broken window and back to me. He seemed irritated that I had broken into the Hokage's office and broken a window. Minato-sensei sighed after a moment and went to sit behind the Hokage's desk. I raised an eyebrow in question.

"I am the Fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze. What exactly are you doing breaking into my office?" He asked.

"I didn't realize you were the Fourth Hokage. My apologies for breaking in. I would like to become a ninja of your village, ANBU more specifically. That is, if you would allow me to, Lord Hokage," I said in a monotone voice. I doubted he would recognize me just off my voice, even if he is the Hokage.

"We will have to test your ability. You realize that I am not inclined to trust you, yes?" Minato-sensei asked.

"I am. Allow me to prove myself?" I phrased my statement as a question as not to offend sensei.

"Very well. I will give you a list of D-rank missions that I expect you to complete," he said. I nodded in response. Minato-sensei gave me a list of D-rank missions that needed to be completed due to the Leaf's minimal amount of ninja. I took it and walked out the door. I read over the list as I was walking down the many, many flights of stairs in the mansion.

I doubted that sensei recognized me but I couldn't be sure. I knew I had to finish the D-rank missions quickly so I could get better ones. I knew sensei could probably sense that I had the same amount of chakra as a mid-level chunin to low level jonin but Zetsu had taught me to conceal my chakra level to be underestimated by my enemies before I left.

It was quite a useful technique to have. I quickly went through all the D-rank missions sensei had given me before returning to the Hokage's office to see if I could have more missions. I was told to go to the academy and find the graduation class to take the exams with them. I did as Minato-sensei asked and found the graduation class relatively quickly. It was actually their graduation.

I sighed and told the teacher that Lord Fourth wanted me to take the exam with the other students. The teacher was flustered but told me to follow him to the exam room. I complied and followed the teacher. He explained to me that the graduation test was on the Clone Jutsu.

It was simple enough. All I had to do was create three clones and I would pass. I sighed and quickly did the hand signs for the Clone Jutsu and created about twenty perfect clones. The teacher was surprised and said I could choose a forehead protecter. I walked up to the table where he was sitting and saw one that had small scratches and was already dull looking.

My eyes widened a fraction when I saw it. I hadn't realized before that I hadn't been wearing my forehead protecter. I picked it up and nodded my thanks to the teacher before walking out and telling the class that whoever was next could go and take the exam. I put my forehead protector on and tied a knot in the back to keep it in place. I quickly went back to the Hokage's office.

When he saw that I passed the exam and had become an official ninja of the Leaf, he asked me to come with him to the training grounds. He would fight me personally to see if I was of ANBU rank or not. I nodded at his statement and followed him out of the village to the training grounds. I recognized where we were. It was were Obito, Kakashi, and I had our first training session with sensei. I noticed a large rock off to the side of the training grounds.

I slowly made my way over to it and looked at the names engraved on it. I noticed both my name and Obito's were on it. There were also many, many others that I didn't recognize. It was probably a memorial for those that died on the battlefield.

"It's a memorial for those Killed In Action, or KIA. Two of my students names are on this stone," Minato said, his voice void of emotion. I turned to face him.

"I've heard of one of them. Rin Nohara was your student, yes?" I asked. Minato-sensei was shocked but nodded anyway.

"What have you heard?" He asked, narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

"I heard that she was killed by her own teammate, Kakashi Hatake. Though, I assume there was a reason for this, yes?" I asked, curious to see if he would give me an answer.

"Yeah. According to Kakashi, Rin didn't want to come back to the village because she was turned into a ticking time bomb by a group of enemy ninja. She didn't want the village to suffer anymore than it had already," sensei said. I nodded and smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Minato and Rin will be fighting to determine what rank Rin is.

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!