Ch. 51 Meeting a Legend and Friends

Previously

"He's starting an organization called the Akatsuki. Supposedly, he's only allowing in S-rank criminals and already has a few people from the Bingo Book in the damn thing," I said.

"How do you play into this?" Kushina asked.

"He wants me to join the organization," I replied.

Present

"He WHAT!?" Kushina yelled.

"Yeah. I guess that's the price I pay for having the perfect cover," I replied dryly, already knowing what I would do.

"You're joining whether you get permission from us or not, aren't you?" Minato asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Why?" Kakashi growled.

"First off, to feed you guys information on the organization. Secondly, rule 26," I replied.

"Always watch the watchers," Kakashi said softly. I nodded once.

"You would have to commit treason and flee the village to become an S-rank criminal, Rin," Minato said, worriedly.

"I know. I already have an idea on how to do that though. I'm not gonna make it easy for you to figure out my identity either," I replied.

"When?" Minato asked.

"I don't know. He said he'll send me another message when all the other members are gathered," I replied. Minato held my gaze and I could see the emotions clearly in his eyes. He didn't want me to know but knew I was the only one Obito would trust.

"Tell me as soon as you get something," Minato commanded.

"Yes, sir," I replied softly, already worrying about Obito and what I had to do to become an S-rank criminal. I heard a soft hiss and looked down. A small white snake was sitting at my ancle staring up at me. I sighed and bent down to pick it up. It moved back a little and motioned for me to follow. I sighed again and gave a subtle nod. The snake came closer and I picked it up, holding it in the palm of my hand.

The snake motioned with it's head for me to go back the way I assume the snake had come. I started walking away from the others. I stopped and looked back when I felt I hand on my shoulder. I gave Kakashi a questioning look before turning to face him. He held out a slip of paper to me and I took it. I quickly read over what was written on it and nodded to Kakashi.

"Be careful, Rin," Kakashi said.

"Same to you, boy," I replied, my voice void of any emotion. I tucked the paper into the weapons pouch on my hip and went back to following the directions the snake was giving me. I already had a sinking feeling in my stomach for why Orochimaru would want to see me of all people when he already had a past relationship with Anko but only time would tell.

It didn't take me long to figure out that wherever I was going, it wasn't somewhere the higher ups in the village knew of nor would approved of. I was about a mile outside the village when the snake had me turn into the forest. I sighed when I felt Kakashi's chakra close by. I looked down at the snake again and saw it move forward on my hand slightly and I guessed it wanted me to lose Kakashi.

I looked up and sprinted off in the direction I was going and felt the snake bite one of my fingers after about five minutes. I immediately started to slow myself down. I didn't feel Kakashi's chakra anywhere near me and I sighed in relief. The feeling didn't last long when I saw the ground rise up and leave a passageway clearly in sight. I looked down at the snake in my hand and saw it move it's head from me to the passageway.