Ch. 23 Medical Troubles in the ANBU

Previously

"It's the lightning then the thunder  right?" I asked.

"Yes, it is," Lord Fourth replied.

"I guess it's time to show people what it means to be the lightning before the thunder," I said,  determination filling my voice. Lord Third and Lord Fourth both smiled.

Present

I was released a few days after Lords Hokage visited. I quickly shun-shinned to the ANBU base and checked the herb supply. There was almost nothing there. I went to where the cots for injured ANBU were the medical wing of the base. Almost every one of the was filled. I quickly set to work on checking injuries.

Most of them were very minor and could be healed without the use of herbs. There were a few severe injures that did require the use of the herbs that I had stocked up on when I first came here. I quickly healed all of the minor injuries before going to gather more of the herbs I needed.

I gathered a few bundles of each herb before shun-shinning back to the medical wing. I used a mortar and pestle to grind the herbs into a paste. I worked quickly and soon, the ANBU with severe injuries had had the bandages on their wounds rewrapped and treated with the paste I had made. I sighed. I needed to retrain the ANBU assigned to medical treatment.

They would have to know at least the very basics of medical ninjutsu if this was ever going to get better. I'd have to find the Captain and inform him of the situation and ask if I could train the medics in the ANBU so something like this didn't happen again. It was troublesome but had to be done and fast. The Jonin exams were coming up and I didn't want to train them after.

I left the medical wing and went to the Captain's office. I knocked twice and heard a muffled, "Enter!" I opened the door and saw the Captain sitting behind a few piles of paperwork that sat on his desk, pen in hand. I silently closed the door behind me and went to stand in front of his desk.

"Hey kid. Why're you here already? You only just got back to the base, didn't you?" The Captain asked.

"Yeah. There's a bit of a problem with the medical wing," I said.

"Oh? And what would that be?" The Captain asked, putting down his pen.

"They don't really know how to do their jobs," I said flatly.

"Hm? What do you mean?" The Captain asked, sounding interested.

"I came back and went to check on the supply of herbs I had brought here when I first came. I found that almost all of the herbs I had gathered had been used up. When I went to see if there were any injured ANBU, I found that almost all of the beds were full. Most had very minor injuries and didn't need to be in the infirmary. There were very few that actually needed to be there. If possible, I would like to retrain the medical wing staff in the basics of medical ninjutsu so this is prevented," I said.

"Very well. I already applied with the Hokage to make you the head of the medical ward. I figured you would be able to put that wing back into shape," the Captain said.

"Thank you, Captain," I said bowing.

"Don't thank me yet, there's going to be a lot of paper work involved," he replied.

"That is understandable. Is there a way I can help you with yours?" I asked. He sighed.

"You sure you want to?" He asked. I nodded.

"I am. Please, tell me, how can I help?" I asked. The Captain chuckled. He stood up and put a hand on top of one of the stacks of paper.

"Take these to the specified recipients," he said. I nodded and grabbed a handful of the papers. I looked at the first one and groaned. It was for Danzo. I hated him so much. He thought Jinjuriki were to be controlled and imprisoned. Jinjuriki were assets to their respective villages. If the villages did what Danzo wanted, every Jinjuriki would turn against us. We would be powerless to stop them. I sighed and made my way to Danzo's office in the Root.

I delivered papers to multiple people until sunset. The last of them was to Lord Fourth. I shun-shinned to just outside his office and knocked on the door twice. I heard a muffled, "Enter!" I did and softly closed the door behind me. I quickly made my way over to Lord Fourth and bowed before handing him the paper. He nodded his thanks as he took it from me. I stepped back and bowed again before leaving.

I went to the edge of the Nara to gather a few more herbs while the last of the sun's rays left. I shun-shinned back to the base and put the herbs I had gathered into the store in the medical wing. I made my way back to my room and flopped down on my back onto the bed. I was asleep in minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Also, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!