Ch. 42 Tenzo

I do not own the picture above. Kid Tenzo pictured.

Previously

"It's fine," I said, standing up and walking over to him. I placed a hand on his head and messed up his hair a bit. I walked to the KIA Stone, sat down cross legged, and sighed. It had already been a long day.

Present

I made a hand sign and started focusing my chakra. I heard a the wind give a high pitch whistle behind me and jumped into the air. I looked at the kunai that embedded itself into the soft earth next to the KIA Stone. I looked over to where the kid was standing. He had thrown the kunai in an attempt to kill me, probably figured I would jeopardize whatever little secret he had.

"Really, kid?" I asked. He looked panicked.

"You can't know who I am! Please! Don't tell Lord Danzo you know anything!" He pleaded.

"Hm? Danzo? I hate the bastard and I've only met him once. Trust me on this one, kid. I won't tell the old man a damn thing," I said. He looked confused.

"Why?" He asked.

"You seem like a good kid. Why would I want to rat on you when the only thing you've done is throw a kunai at my head?" I replied.

"Your nice, lady," He said in reply.

"The name's Rin, kid," I said, slightly irritated.

"Just Rin, huh? What about your last name?" he asked.

"You don't have one, do you?" I asked in return.

"I guess not. I haven't really thought about it though cause I don't have any parents," He said, looking down.

"I don't have any either. Mine died when I was six, but that doesn't mean I don't miss them," I said.

"Really?" The kid asked.

"Mhm! It hurts knowing I was the cause of their deaths, but I think it would hurt more if they died because someone had killed them. I would probably want revenge on the people that killed them. Although, I don't want to become a mindless zombie only searching for revenge, ya know? I think I'd just be empty once I got my revenge," I said, getting thoughtful.

"What do you mean by you were the cause of your parents deaths?" He asked.

"My father killed my mother on my sixth birthday because he hated how my mother was nice to me, then committed suicide because of the guilt he suffered immediately after," I replied. Everyone's mouths gaped open. I hadn't told anyone the specifics of what happened that day. It still hurt to think about but I managed.

"Rin..." Kushina breathed.

"I've managed but it hasn't been easy, kid. Now please, don't go telling Danzo. He'd use it against me in an attempted to learn my surname," I said, rolling my eyes. Danzo would do almost anything to get what he wanted. I didn't want to add anymore fuel to the fire.

"Huh? But why?" The kid asked.

"Because I'm technically supposed to be in prison but Lord Fourth was kind enough to let me walk out of there," I replied.

"What'd you do?" He asked.

"I haven't been telling the whole truth. Lord Fourth and Lady Kushina are the only ones that know who I am. I think Lady Tsunade might know as well but I'm not entirely sure," I replied.

"Really? You think they'd tell me who you are?" He asked.

"I doubt it. Even if they did, it wouldn't be around Kakashi. He'd break mentally," I said in reply.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Everyone thinks I'm dead and Kakashi killed me, kid," I replied.

"Really?" He asked.

"Mhm. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you're good at keeping secrets. Am I right?" I asked.

"Mhm! Why?" He asked.

"Well, I kinda doubt you'll leave any of us alone unless you figure out my name so I might as well show you," I said.

"Show me?" He asked.

"Yup! My name is on the KIA Stone, so it wouldn't be hard. What do you say? You keep what I've said about Danzo and my family a secret, and I tell you who I am. Deal?" I asked, holding out a hand.

"Deal!" Tenzo said and shook my hand.

"Well, now that we're in agreement, follow me. I know where they put me already so this won't take long. After, you should get going. The Third Hokage and the Elders are watching," I said.

"Right!" The kid said and followed me to the KIA Stone and I pointed to my name. Rin Nohara. I sighed sadly at the thought of me being dead to almost everyone in the village.

"I've seen you before, in the village. You disappeared for a few months and now your back?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm back now but only by a fluke of good luck. I really doubt I'll have any more for a long, long time if ever," I replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I do not own the picture used in this chapter nor do I own any other media in this book!

Sooooo... I'm not entirely sure if I got Tenzo's age right compared to everyone else. If I'm wrong about his age and he should be younger or older, please let me know! He's going to be a major character later on in the story so I thought I should introduce him now and start having him in the story sooner rather than later.

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!