Ch. 1 Prologue: When It All Started

??? Person POV

I was standing at the edge of where the barrier started in the forest. The Village Hidden in the Leaves, I think.

"Are you sure about this?" A male voice behind me asks.

"As sure as I'll ever be. If I don't do this now, though, I may not be able to do it in the future," I say, not turning around to look at the person speaking to me.

"Very well. Be safe," he says.

"You too." I take a breath and walk through the barrier. I hear him jump back into the trees. Memories started to flow through my head as I walked the path and through the trees leading to the Konoha gate. I didn't run or go through the trees because I wanted to reminisce about the past before going into the village. I had to focus there on the mission once I was inside the village gates.

I could hear birds chirping in the trees. I wish I could be like them sometimes, none the wiser as to what was going to happen to this village once the Jubi was brought back. They had a freedom I didn't and I envied them just like I envied the people in the Leaf Village for having such easy lives.

I stopped and sighed, shaking my head to try to get my mind off of things like that. I looked up and continued walking toward Konoha, thinking about my past and the stories I had heard from various people since then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! This will make sense later but for now, I can't tell you who this mysterious person is or who the male was at the beginning. If I did it would kind of ruin what I have planned for the future of this story.

Anw! I hope you all have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!