Ch. 9 Shopping, Missions, and Ramen Pt.2

Previously

"Why should we hurry?"

"We have to look nice for tonight, Kashi!"

"Fine. Can you let go of me for a minute?"

"Alright." Rin's mood changed drastically. She went from being really happy to be really sad.

"Hey. You wanted to get ready for tonight, didn't you?"

Present

"Yeah. If you don't want to then I can go alone," Rin said, sounding disappointed.

"No. I'll go. Where to first?" Rin's face lit up when I said that but there was still a look of distrust in her eyes.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

"Ah! Right!"

We started walking out the Hokage office and to the different stores around the Village. First was a make-up store.

"What do you use this stuff for anyway Rin?"

"It just helps you feel pretty and can hide stuff you don't want other people to see. Things like bruises."

"Alright."

Timeskip

"Ready, Kakashi?" Rin asked.

"Yeah. Let's go." I said. We started walking to Ichiraku Ramen. When we got there, we saw that Sensei and Kushina were already there.

"Hey, guys," Kushina said, a smile on her face.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi, Miss Kushina," Rin said.

"Oh, you are so cute! Please, just call me Kushina!" Kushina exclaimed.

"A-all right," Rin said timidly.

"Good! Now come on, you two! Order whatever you want," Kushina said.

"Right," I said and went over to sit next to Kushina. Rin sat next to me. We ordered and waited for our food to arrive.

"What'd you two do in the few hours since we last saw each other?" Kushina asked.

"Well... we went shopping, walked around the village, and then got ready and came here," Rin said.

"It seems like you two have had quite an eventful day," Kushina said.

"You could say that," I said.

"Here you go!" The man said, giving us our food.

"Thanks," I said and took a pair of chopsticks from the canister holding them. We all started eating. I moved to pull down my mask but stopped, dropping my hand.

"Is something wrong Kakashi?" Rin asked.

"No. I was just remembering something," I said, not looking at her. I pulled my mask down and started eating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we finished eating, we paid for our food and went our separate ways. After saying our goodbyes, Minato-sensei and Kushina went one way and Rin and I went the other. Rin and I walked in silence for a little while.

"Kakashi?" Rin asked.

"Yes?" I asked, sending a sideways glance at Rin. She seemed nervous like she didn't really want to say something but also wanted an answer.

"When you said you were remembering something, what were you remembering? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to I was just curious," Rin said.

"...I remembered my... my father," I managed to say.

"Oh... I'm sorry," she sounded sad.

"Don't be. You didn't know," I said, trying to get her to feel better about asking.

"Are you okay? I mean..." Rin asked, trailing off at the end.

"What do you mean by 'okay'?" I asked.

"I mean... if you ever need me to talk to I'm here for you okay? I always will be, no matter what. Don't forget that okay?" Rin asked.

"I won't," I said.

"Promise?" She asked.

"Promise," I said. She smiled and we walked the rest of the way to her house talking about mundane things to fill the silence that had ensued after we made our promise. Once we got to her house, I realized I didn't want to leave her. She unlocked the door but paused before going inside. She turned toward me.

"Thank you, Kakashi. You didn't have to walk me home," Rin said.

"I wanted to," I said. She smile and quickly came over to me. She hesitated for a moment before quickly hugging me and then ran inside, closing the door behind her. I smiled and went home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, everyone! I'm going to skip forward to a few days before Rin and Kakashi's next big mission. There will be some more team bonding before the mission. What they will be doing will be revealed in the next chapter.

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!