Ch. 60 Hades and Persephone

Previously

"Just promise me you'll make sure you're ready, okay?" He asked.

"I promise, Lucian," I replied.

"Thank you, Rin," he whispered.

Present

We stared at each other for a few moments in silence. I didn't know what to say to him and I don't think he knew what to say either. I blushed thinking back to what Lucian had said earlier. "You want him to be your first?"

"You really aught to keep your emotions in check, kid," he remarked.

"Kinda hard when I'm stuck with you," I shot back.

"Touché," he said.

"You really can read me like an open book, Lucian," I said softly.

"You're not easy to read, Rin," he replied.

"How so?" I asked.

"You've gotten so used to hiding your emotions that even those that know you best have trouble figuring out what you're thinking," he explained.

"So... because I've gotten used to keeping people at bay, you have trouble knowing what I'm going to do?" I clarified.

"Correct. I could tell what you were thinking with some difficulty before but it's like you're a completely different person, a stranger," he replied.

"I can't help but think about something you said when I was little," I said.

"Oh yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah. I think you might've gotten it from somewhere else but I still remember you saying it like it was yesterday," I replied.

"And just what did I say?" He questioned.

"'You're story may not have such a happy beginning, but it does not make you who you are. It is the rest of your story, who you choose to be. So who are you, panda?'" I quoted.

"Why did that have to be the thing you remembered? It's from Kung Fu Panda by the way," he remarked.

"Since when did you watch that?" I asked. The movie had come out a few months after my sixth birthday.

"The last time I was here Tamlin and I went," he replied.

"You went to a movie? At a theater?" I asked.

"Yes, we did. Is that really so hard to believe?" Lucian asked.

"YES!" I yelled. I heard a low growl behind me. I smirked.

"T-Tamlin," Lucian stuttered.

"What happened to staying in the Spring Court when Lucian was here, Tamlin?" I asked. He growled in response. I barely had any time to turn around before he tackled me. My breath was forced out of me when I impacted the ground. I froze at the clear anger in his actions.

"Rin!" Kakashi yelled. I heard him start to run forward and stop. I slowly turned my head and saw Lucian standing in front of Kakashi.

"He's angry, not out for blood. Stay out of this, ok?" I called. Kakashi lowered his head but didn't argue. Tamlin growled again and I turned my attention back to him. He slowly got off of me and nudged me up so I was sitting instead of laying on my back. Tamlin laid down and set his head in my lap. He whined and looked up at me.

"I know, boy. I know," I whispered and set a hand on top of his head. I felt a cold creep into my bones and knew Hades was near. I saw him in the shadows of the trees and felt a sting in the backs of my eyes.

"Mother!" Persephone yelled, running toward me.

"Percy?" I asked. She had grown since I last saw her.

"The Big Guy told us to come get you and be your guides!" She exclaimed.

"I didn't think you'd come so soon," I whispered.

"We come once someone accepts their Fate, mother," Persephone said thoughtfully, although clearly confused. I gently pushed Tamlin's head and got up once he lifted his head off my lap.

"I know the tradition. I just wish I hadn't made a deal with her," I muttered.

"I know what you mean, mother," Persephone whispered. I gently placed a hand on top of her head and messed up her hair.

"Let's get this over with," I said softly.

"Do you have anyone you want to say goodbye to?" She asked.

"That'll only make this all the more hard, Percy. Let's go," I commanded. She nodded once and led the way back to the trees. I walked past Lucian and Kakashi without so much as a word. I stopped when Kakashi grabbed my arm. I looked at him and immediately knew.

"Don't go," he whispered.

"I'm sorry, Kakashi, but I have to," I replied.

"Not yet, Rin," he whispered. I looked back over my shoulder and didn't see Persephone or Hades.

"H-How... W-What..." I stuttered.

"I'll explain later. Please, just come with me," he requested.

"Okay. Let's make the most of the little time we have," I replied. We ran to his apartment and I knew almost immediately it was going to be a long afternoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

For those of you old enough, you probably know what happened at the end. For those of you that don't, I'm not going to say anything. You'll understand when you're old enough.

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!