Ch. 114 One Bed

Previously

"I wouldn't have come if I couldn't. Keep us updated," Kakashi coldly replied. The familiar stomach dropping swish hit as Kakashi used his magic to transport us to his family's cabin in the Realm of the Giants. He gently pulled back a few inches to pull off my cloak and hang it on a peg by the door. My shoes follow soon after.

Present

The loss of heat wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been. Odd. It should have been more noticeable. Kakashi took me by the hand and lead the way through the cabin and to the bedroom. I hesitated at the door.

"You okay?" Kakashi asked, concern filling his words.

"Sh-shar-sharing?" The stuttering had gotten worse even as I did not—or just simply could not—feel it get colder. Bad news bears that was. With a snap of his fingers the thick covers on the bed were pulled back. I tried to shuffle toward the bed but Kakashi simply picked me up off my feet and set me on the bed. He felt my head again as he piled the covers on top of me.

"I'll be right back okay? Stay awake till I'm back." He slipped out the door and returned a few minutes later with two ceramic mugs. I tilt my head to the side. He just holds one under my nose for me to sniff. Hot chocolate!! I grab it and drink. Kakashi laughs as he climbs into bed next to me and pulls me close enough to lean on his chest.

We finish our drinks in comfortable silence and set the cups on the nightstand. I curl into his side and place my head on his chest. I was getting really sleepy. His arms curl around me. I felt safe. For the first time in far too long, I genuinely felt and really was safe.

"Rest, love. I'll be here when you wake up, okay?" I simply snuggled closer to him as I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

*~Later~*

I woke up feeling far better than I had before physically, but also egregiously exhausted which was rather annoying to say the least. True to his word, Kakashi was still right where he was when I fell asleep. Well, for the most part. The covers were thrown off his torso and his shirt had ridden up to expose his flat stomach. I gently ran my fingers along the exposed skin. I heard him start to wake up and stilled.

"Wha' time iz it?" He asked groggily. I giggled and turned toward the clock I knew would be on the nightstand. He still really wasn't a morning person. How adorable.

"Eleven in the morning. Sleep well?" He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me against him. I squeaked in surprise. I felt his breathing even out as he fell back asleep. He must have been up really late if he was able to fall back asleep this quickly. I relaxed and nestled back down again. It was comfortable and warm and safe.

I closed my eyes once more to go back to bed and when I opened them, I couldn't feel Kakashi at my back but there was a wonderful aroma that permeated the room. I couldn't place it off the top of my head but it smelled really, really good. I rubbed my eyes as I groggily sat up with a groan. Kakashi was no where to be seen in the bedroom. I whistled softly as I actually took the time to look around the room.

It was pristinely kept. Well, minus the bookcases. Those were crammed full of more books than I could count. I couldn't read the titles from here but I could guess based off the colorful spines and covers they would be quite interesting at least. And the floors were heated! That was utterly amazing! My knees were still rather weak though. How annoying that was.

My energy hadn't fully come back yet. I wondered how long I had actually been asleep. I checked the clock on the nightstand again—13:00. Huh. It seemed only two hours had passed. There was another presence in the house too but knowing Kakashi it would be someone he trusted.