Ch. 64 Siblings

Previously

"I don't think you can ever really find happiness when you're a prisoner, Leo," I replied.

"I suppose not," he said.

Present

"What do you think of her?" Leo asked.

"Mor? I wish I was like her actually. She's smart, strong, beautiful... everything I wish I was she is. You can't really do much better than she is right now," I replied.

"You really think you aren't just like her?" Lucifer asked.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"You just described yourself to a tee, my dear," Hades replied.

"Uh huh, sure. Cause I'm totally someone people will miss," I growled.

"You are," Ares said.

"I'm the orphan no one believed in, Ares. You really think anyone is gonna miss something like that?" I asked.

"I don't think so. I know so, kid," he replied.

"You think you can forgive me for not believing it for myself?" I asked.

"For now, I can," he replied.

"Thanks," I said softly.

"Is there a rule about secrets?" Area asked.

"Rule 4," I replied.

"Which is?" Leo asked impatiently.

"Best way to keep a secret? Keep it to yourself. Second best? Tell one other person, if you must. There is no third best," I replied.

"How many rules do you have?" Leo asked.

"'Bout fifty of 'em," I replied.

"I don't suppose these are written down anywhere?" He asked.

"Nope," I replied.

"The how--" he started.

"You remember," I snapped.

"Touchy, are we?" Lucifer asked.

"Since when did you care about a mortal?" I growled.

"You believe I don't care?" He asked.

"Rule 36," I replied.

"Are you going to tell us what that is?" He asked.

"What do you think?" I asked, hopping the banister. I grabbed a floor and hopped onto another one a few levels below where the others were standing and just started walking down towards the bottom. I didn't pay any mind to the stares I got from the other occupants of the library.

They could think what they like about me. It really wouldn't be much different than the Overworld. Very few cared and quite a few wanted you dead for one reason or another. It didn't really matter if you did something wrong or not. Sadly, that was just the way the shinobi world was.

I sighed and finally shook myself free of my thoughts long enough to see the bodies. I looked back over my shoulder and saw the staircase flow into flat ground. I was at the bottom of the staircase. I glanced above me and saw a light slowly moving around the lower floors of the tower. It was slowly coming towards me.

"R-Rin... how could you?" Kakashi asked. I snapped my attention towards him. He was dying and blaming me?

"W-What?" I asked.

"You killed us all. You killed us," He croaked.

"I wouldn't do that," I whispered.

"He's right. You turned into a monster, Rin," Minato growled. Blood poured from his chest. His clothes were already stained a dark ruby color.