Ch. 101 Realm of the Gaints

Previously

"If you don't wish to talk, then don't, little one," L said.

"I have to. It'll just keep eating me alive if I don't. I know the pain of losing a child," I whispered, bracing my forearms on my knees and focusing on the ground. L set a hand on my shoulder and gently pulled me into a hug. I leaned into it and let my tears fall freely. I let the darkness take over as sleep consumed me.

Present

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times. I sat up and looked around. I wasn't in Midguard any longer, that was for sure. I was in a large room. It was decorated in soft pastel blues with golds accents. I slowly slid out of the bed I was in and walked over to the door. It opened before my hand could touch it. I looked up at the person behind the now open door.

"Beron?" I asked, confused.

"Hey, kid. Good to see you're finally up. The others are in the main hall," he said, walking away. I quickly followed after him.

"What do you mean? How long was I out for? Where are we?" I demanded.

"Three days, surface time, I believe. We are in the Realm of the Giants. Everyone has been worried sick about you, Lucifer especially," Beron said.

"He's covered every damn table and countertop with food, hasn't he?" I asked.

"Finished just this last hour," he said. I groaned.

"He's hardly ever worried. Knowing how much he's cooked has me worried," I said softly. "Did he at least fix his leg?"

"Yes, he did," Beron replied. I smiled softly at that.

"Good," was all I said. We fell into a comfortable silence for the rest of our walk to the main hall. The hall was large, a couple hundred feet long at least and about hundred feet tall. It was decorated very elegantly in whites, pastel blues, and gold accents. There were crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and a table in the middle of the room that took up most of the floor space.

My eyes widened considerably when I saw the table. It was absolutely covered with different dishes. It left me absolutely speechless. I knew L cooked when he was worried but I didn't think it was this bad. The smells from each dish were mouthwatering as well, so that didn't help much.

"Rin?" L asked.

"Just how worried were you?" was the first thing out of my mouth when I was finally able to regain my ability to speak.

"Getting him to sleep for more than a few hours at a time was more of a pain than usual. He's only ever gotten like this when he was worried about one of the kids," Leo muttered irritably.

"How much sleep have either of you gotten in the last few days?" I asked lowly.

"They've only gotten about nine hours each," Tamlin's father said. He was leaning against the right wall.

"Go to bed," I ordered the both of them.

"But-" L tried to protest but I cut him off with a growl.

"Go. To. Bed," I snarled lowly. "Or do I have to get Gatekeeper?"

"Fine, fine. Let's go, brother," Leo said.

"Very well. Please, do not tell her, little one," L requested.

"I won't as long as you actually get some rest," I replied.

"Thanks, kid," he said, setting a hand on my head and messing up my hair.

"Let's go find the others, hm?" I asked Beron. Beron beckoned me to follow him with a wave of his hand. I heard the clashing of metal on metal before long. I sighed heavily. They were sparring. I tensed up just a little more after each strike.