Ch. 108 Contacts

Previously

"Thanks for all of it," he stated and down the potion in his hand. With all of them gone, I set off to do what I needed.

Present

"Hey Python! You here?" I called. I was in the center of the Delphian region. A plaque above the front entrance held the medieval dragon much like some of the villagers had said. I heard the familiar slither of movement above me. Python's head came into view as they slid down from the ceiling beams. There was a bundle of extraordinarily rare herbs in their jaws. I offered my hands to relieve Python of their burden, to which they accepted and set the bundle in my hands.

"It has been quite sssome time, hatchling," they hissed, their tongue flicking in and out of their mouth. I set the herbs in my hands on a nearby table. It was littered with books, parchment, potion bottles of every shape and size, and a few lazily bubbling cauldrons.

"Aye, it has. I do hope you do not mind the intrusion. I do need your help, if you are willing to give it."

"Yessss. My price remainsss the sssame as the last time I sssaw you. Tit for tat, ssso to ssspeak."

"I remember. You will have what you are owed a week after this whole ordeal is said and done. Is that acceptable to you?"

"It issss."

"Good. I will keep in touch. I do wish to ask a question or two before I am on my way. Before that, though, I thought these might be more of your taste, Python." I held up a few chubby rats for Python. They swallowed up the rats hastily and quite greedily. Rats had always been a favorite of Python's.

"Quite right, hatchling."

"Were you out and about gathering herbs from the depths of the Realm about an hour or two ago?" I asked.

"No. I have not left this place in quite some time, little one.

"I'm afraid I must take my leave but I do thank you for your time."

"I will be expecting your communication sssssoon." I gently shut the door behind me and let out a heavy breath. That went far better than expected. I felt I could safely rule out Python. If they weren't in their tower, they would've been a damn good suspect but, they never seem to leave that temple.

Now, off to Jömungandr. He was quite the conversationalist, actually. Mimir was quite fun to speak to as well funnily enough. One of the few blessed with the eyes of the Jötun and someone I haven't seen in quite some time. I rather missed talking to Mimir and Jömungandr actually. It was one of the few things I greatly missed from my time in the previous age.

I started walking toward the Nordic section of town with my hands tucked loosely behind my head. It was rather peaceful up here. I stiffened and sniffed. I could feel my eyes turn into stars as I smelled coffee but there was something else. Spices? Well, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove to be exact. I glanced around at the shops and saw the small shop diagonally to my right. It was cute. The sign set above lavender French doors read Stellarum in elegant silver cursive letters.

There were small desserts and finger sandwiches set on tiered trays set on tables happy patrons sat at. There, sitting in the back corner with a shit eating smirk on his face, sat my oldest snake pal. I deadpanned before heaving a heavy sigh as I made my way over to him. No wonder I could smell those three spices. I pulled out the chair across from Jörmungandr.

He currently looked to be in his early twenties with almond colored skin, golden brown hair, and piercing sky blue eyes. He was wearing what appeared to be a navy  blue Kiton suit. I'll be the first to admit he cleans up well though I can't say it was something of the norm for him to be wearing all of this. For the most part, it was just jeans and plain t-shirts not suits that cost at least five digits on average.