Ch. 72 Lilith

Previously

"We all have to deal with a different hell, Delilah," Rhysand whispered.

"Yeah. Yeah we do," I replied, pulling my shirt back on.

Present

"Delilah?" Kakashi asked.

"An old nickname," I replied, pulling the blades from the seals on my wrists. The Illiarian armor Rhysand gave me replaced what I was wearing as my wings came out of my back. I let the glamor over my eyes fall as I went to find Lilith.

"Be careful, dear," Faye said softly.

"I always am, Faye. Give the guys my regards will you?" I asked.

"Of course, my dear," she replied.

"Open, Gate of the Ram," I said.

"What?" Ares growled.

"We have a pest problem," I growled back.

"Hm? I thought you called me here to get rid of the bugs," Ares drawled.

"You really think you could kill a giant?" I asked incredulously.

"That boy is the one you spoke of isn't he?" Ares asked. I let loose a deep growl as I smelled Lilith's approach. I took off before Ares could stop me and slammed feet first into Lilith. I jumped past her as her torso hit the ground.

"You bloody fool!" Ares yelled, standing just past the house. I pointed a blade at him in a silent order to protect my family should anything happen to me. I lowered my blade and focused on Lilith. I felt Aurora flying distantly above us and smirked.

"You really think a pretty thing like you can do anything to me?" Lilith asked.

"You really think I'd let you go after my family?" I asked.

"I did, all things considered," Lilith replied.

"All things, hm? Then I suppose you know the top five people in Hel, correct?" I asked.

"I do. You are far from being at the top," she replied. I smirked and started laughing like a maniac.

"Oh, that's rich," I said, wiping an imaginary tear from my eye.

"What?" Lilith growled.

"You are even more stupid than any of the others I've met in Hel," I said. Lilith didn't say anything before rushing at me. I had pushed her buttons just enough for her to stop thinking things through. I blocked her nails and kicked her in the stomach. I quickly used my blades to hit her in her heart, sufficiently killing her. For the time being, anyway.

"How dare you...?" Lilith growled.

"You never should have come," I replied. I stepped back as Lilith began to self implode. She screamed and vanished with a small explosion. All that was left of her was a small pile of ashes that would get swept away by the wind. I ran back to the house and started looking through the bookshelves.

"Woah," Kurenai whispered.

"Remind me to never get on your bad side," Asuma remarked.

"Here it is!" I yelled opening a small panel set into the wall. I pulled out a bottle and glass.

"Just what do you think your doing?" Rhysand growled.

"Offering drinks?" I asked. I growled softly when the emblem for Edom appeared on the back of my left hand.

"That didn't even sound remotely convincing, kid," Leo remarked. I opened a Portal from Edom to my house and let Asmodeus through.

"What?" I snapped.

"Where is she?" He asked.

"The Void," I replied.

"Who?" Mor asked.

"Lilith, one of the rulers of Edom. Well, previous ruler anyway. I'm giving you her share of Edom, Asmodeus," I said, setting the glass down and pouring a drink.

"Bourbon?" Asmodeus asked incredulously.

"Hera's coming," I replied as I set the bottle down.

"Your gonna need more than that if she's coming," Leo said dryly.

"It's not for me," I said.

"Oh yeah?" Hera asked.

"Surprised?" I asked, handing her the drink.

"A bit. I had heard you could keep up with the boys," she replied.

"You really think it's hard?" I asked.

"Not particularly. I'm guessing you knew I was coming?" Hera asked.

"Yup. It really isn't all that hard to guess that you would come if Lilith was killed," I replied.

"Oh, really? How did you figure that one out?" Hera asked.

"You forget you raised me?" I asked.

"That was a long time ago, Rin," she said softly.

"It hasn't even been a decade, Hera. For you, it has merely passed in the blink of an eye," I said.

"You really think so?" she asked.

"It wouldn't be to far fetched to think that, correct?" I asked.

"You always were a smart girl, Rin," Hera replied.

"At least I'm no idiot," I remarked, walking over to the table.

"You've been busy," she said.

"Eh, not really. I'm busy around the holidays, mostly," I said.

"You still did more than most would, considering you have just barely returned," Hera said.

"That, I have. Didn't think you of all people would be surprised," I said.

"I suppose I shouldn't be," she said.

"Then why are you?" I asked.

"I thought you would've quit when I left all those years ago. Especially since you have so much more to worry about now," she replied softly.

"I have more responsibility now, sure, but that doesn't mean I'm going to abandon my family, Hera," I said.

"And just who are you're family?" she asked.

"The people you see here, Hera. They are family. After all, home isn't a place," I said.

"It's a people," Hera said, smiling softly.

"Well said, kid. Well said," Ares said.

"Now eat, all of ya," I ordered, smiling.

"You really are something, kid," Leo said.

"Aren't we all?" I asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

As you guys saw at the beginning of this chapter, the Top Five are mentioned. The reason for that will be explained in one of the next chapters as will the new character, Aurora.

I also wanted to say a quick Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!