Ch. 69 God of War

Previously

"Open... Gate of... the... Lion..." I whispered, falling onto my stomach.

"Kid!" He yelled just before I passed out.

Present

I slowly opened my eyes. My back was throbbing like it had in the days following my fifth birthday. That was the first thing I felt. The throbbing in my arms and numbness in the rest of my body came a little while after.

"Finally awake, hm?" Lucifer asked. I turned my head to look at him.

"How long?" I whispered, my voice hoarse from disuse.

"Long enough. You took his title," he whispered.

"I know," I replied. I could feel the change in power and a difference in my body.

"He never wanted to be a god," Lucifer whispered.

"He asked me to forgive him for staining my hands with his blood," I whispered, silently letting the tears fall. "How could I hold that against him when I killed him?"

"He was always the kindest among us," he said.

"Open, Gate of the Ram," I whispered and saw Ares appear.

"Hey, kid," he said softly.

"You son of a bitch," I said, the tears flowing faster.

"No need to be so cruel," he said. I forced myself up and felt an odd weight on my back. I looked over my shoulder and saw... wings?

"Very few get wings from the transfer of power," Leo said. I growled softly and got off the bed.

"Can I leave now?" I snarled.

"Do you have any idea how to get out of here?" Lucifer asked. I flicked my fingers and a pentagram appeared on the floor.

"It's not that hard once you get the hang of it," I growled. I had gotten used to using magic when I was unconscious. I stepped into the pentagram and felt the swish of air as I went back to the Overworld. I was sent barreling through a few walls before coming to a stop on some table.

"What is the brat doing here, Tamlin?" Tarquin growled.

"Well, excuse me for interrupting a meeting I didn't know was happening, Tarquin," I snapped and sat up.

"Your back," Tamlin whispered.

"How long?" I asked.

"A year," Rhysand whispered. I closed my eyes and sighed. A memory came flooding to the forefront of my mind and swept me away from reality

Memory

"Tam!" I yelled jumping to hug him.

"Hello, little one," he said tiredly, catching me midair.

"She's quite a handful, Tamlin," Rhysand said.

"Rhys!" I yelled, excited.

End

I slowly opened my eyes and punched both Tamlin and Rhysand on the back of the head. Their foreheads hit the table and they groaned in pain.

"If you two ever block one of my memories again, I'll kill you," I threatened, deathly calm.

"So you finally remember us, hm?" Tarquin asked.

"What does it matter to you?" I asked.

"You know what my father is, don't you?" Mor asked.