Ch. 2 Memories

Flashback

Back when Team Minato had started working as a team we got a mission. The mission was simple or rather was supposed to be. Team Minato had to help stop the war from continuing. Simple right? Not really. We would split into two groups. Minato-sensai would be on the front lines while Kakashi, Obito, and I went to stop their troops from coming into the Land of Fire. Minato-sensai let Kakashi lead for awhile and we ran into an enemy ninja.

"20 enemy ninja," Kakashi said starting to get a jutsu ready.

"Kakashi don't! It's too dangerous!" Minato-sensai exclaimed. I was worried about Kakashi but I knew he was strong. I trusted him.

"I'm the leader now aren't I, sensai?" Kakashi asked. "I can take them. I'll need back up though. Think you guys can handle it?"

Obito seemed to be angry about how Kakashi talked to us and Minato-sensai was oddly quiet but I don't know why. Before I could ponder about it Kakashi took off and started attacking the enemy. Sensai was watching him and had to get Kakashi out of the way before he got hit by the enemy ninja.

"That jutsu of yours is impressive but it is also dangerous, Kakashi. It combines speed and accuracy but that may be your downfall. Be careful when you use that jutsu Kakashi," Sensei said. I had started healing Kakashi but I couldn't fully heal the wound.

"There," I said. Kakashi moved his arm a little bit and it seemed stiff but he could still use it.

"Try not to harm it any further ok?" I asked.

"Yeah. Thanks, Rin," Kakashi said. I smiled in response to him. I was really happy. Kakashi was my idol. After the enemy had been defeated we started moving again. We soon split up so Minato-sansei could go to the front lines and stop the oncoming ninja from crossing the border into the Land of Fire. Kakashi was in charge of our squad since he was a Jonin and sensei was on the front lines.

We had all given him gifts before we went on the mission. I had given him a personal med kit while sensei had given Kakashi one of his special kunai. Obito hadn't gotten Kakashi anything which wasn't really surprising. Obito and Kakashi didn't really get along. We had been going for a while now and were ambushed by enemy ninja. Obito took out the trap using his fireball jutsu. That was when I was taken from them.

"AAHHHH!" I screamed.

"Rin!" Obito and Kakashi said at the same time.

Kakashi POV

"Dammit!" I cursed. Rin had been taken away and there was nothing I could do about it. "Come on, Obito. We have to go." I growled.

"What are you doing? We have to go save Rin!" Obito exclaimed.

"We have to complete the mission, idiot. Now come on. We're leaving," I told him harshly but he didn't move.

"What's wrong with you? We can't complete this mission without her! Don't you get that?!?!? We need her just like she needs us! We have to save her!" Obito exclaimed.

"We have to complete this mission, with or without Rin. Now, are you coming or not?" I asked and Obito started to get mad and punched me in the face.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Rin is more important than the mission! Those who break the rules and regulations are considered scum. But those that leave their comrades behind are worse than that. If I'm going to be called scum, either way, I'd rather break the rules!"

Obito POV

We had been going for a long time but I still didn't understand why Kakashi had to be made the leader. Sure we didn't get along but why him? It didn't make sense. I had been so lost in thought that I didn't notice we were on a lake until a trap was sent to us.

"Obito!" Kakashi said.

"Right," I told him blowing out a fireball to stop the trap.

"AAHHH!" Rin screamed.

"Rin!" Kakashi and I exclaimed.

"Dammit!" Kakashi cursed hitting his fist on the ground.

Rin had been taken and we had to do something. I don't know what yet but I just had to do something.

"Come on, Obito. We have to go," Kakashi growled.

"What!? We have to save Rin!" I yelled.

"We have to complete the mission, idiot. Now come on. We're leaving," Kakashi coldly told me.

"What's wrong with you!? Why don't you care about Rin!?" I yell.