Ch. 67 Places

Previously

"Are you sure?" Ares asked.

"I am. Let's get to it, okay?" I asked.

"Very well," Ares replied and kissed me.

Present

I woke up and snuggled closer to the warmth next to me.

"So you're finally awake, hm?" Ares asked tiredly.

"Hush," I grumbled, trying to fall back asleep.

"We have to make an appearance soon, kid," he said softly.

"I don't wanna," I mumbled, pouting like a child.

"Neither do I," Ares said softly. I slowly opened my eyes and peered up at him. I blushed went I remembered the night before.

"Why?" I asked.

"He believes you to be broken," Ares replied. I sighed and sat up. I shivered from the unnerving chill in the air.

"He isn't all that far off," I whispered.

"What do you mean?" Ares asked, setting a blanket around my shoulders.

"Hera broke me the day she left me as a child. I've been slowly letting myself heal since," I replied, pulling the blanket close.

"How long?" Ares asked.

"Eight years. It'll be nine on my next birthday," I whispered, not daring to look him in the eye.

"You have not forgiven her?" He asked.

"I've started to but there's this betrayal that I haven't been able to get past for a long while now. I know it's probably stupid but I just... can't," I replied.

"Show me," Ares requested and I did.

"I found their bodies," I whispered, a single tear falling down my face.

"I'm sorry, Rin," Ares whispered, gently hugging me. I pushed him away and slid off the bed to get ready.

"Rule 6," I said softly, wiping the tear from my face.

"Never say you're sorry," Ares said.

"Get dressed, old man," I said.

"As you wish," Ares smirked and used magic to dress us both. I could smell the cool metal tang of magic in the air as I looked back at him. My eyes widened a fraction when I saw him in a black kimono with flames decorating the bottom.

"How?" I asked.

"Simply put, magic," Ares replied, smirking.

"Of course," I growled, annoyed with his answer. "I know the smell."

"Annoyed, hm?" He asked.

"What if I am?" I asked, looking at my own attire. I was in a pale blue dress with snowflakes decorating the bottom.

"It would be a bit upsetting," he replied.

"Why blue?" I asked.

"It goes with blonde," he replied, pulling a strand of my hair forward. It was platinum blonde.

"I'm Elsa?" I asked.

"Elsa?" Ares asked, confused.

"What is it with you people and never watching movies?" I asked rhetorically.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"It came out a few years ago. I got dragged to the cinema by Persephone to go see it," I said, ignoring his last question. "You should really watch it sometime. You would get my reference if you have."