Ch. 20 Medical Supplies and a Mission

I do not own picture above. I do not own the song above. Nara Forest above. Nightcore Natural female version. Original song by Imagine dragons.

Previously

He said he would try to find out if there was and would let me know. I nodded and thanked him. I asked if I could start gathering herbs for the base. He said I could but only for an hour. An ANBU would be sent when my time was up. I nodded and quickly set off to find a few of the necessary herbs that grew around the village.

Present

I was near the Nara Forest. A lot of the herbs we would need could be found here and in various other areas around the village and in neighboring towns. It didn't take me long to have enough herbs to last for awhile so I teleported back to the base and put the herbs away. An ANBU teleported to where I was when I was putting the last of the herbs away.

"Your time to collect herbs is up, ma'am," The ANBU said. I could tell from the ANBU's voice that he was male.

"Very well. I was just putting the last of them away. Is there somewhere I'm needed?" I asked.

"The Captain and Hokage would like to speak to you. They are in the Hokage's office," He replied.

"Very well. I will be going momentarily. Thank you for the information," I said and closed the last cabinet. I teleported to the Hokage's office and hid in the shadows to observe for a few moments. The Captain was kneeling in front of the Hokage's desk. I shun-shined in front of the Hokage's desk and matched the Captain's pose.

"So you're here, hm?" Lord Fourth said.

"Yes, Lord Hokage. If I may, I would like to know what this is about," I said.

"In due time, child. I need you to fill something out before we go into any more detail." Lord Fourth handed me a pen and clipboard with a single sheet of paper on it. It was a questionnaire asking what my strengths and weaknesses were, if I was a medic, and who I had heard about before coming to the village. I quickly answered all of the questions.

When I got to the part about who I had heard about before coming to the Leaf, I hesitated. I sighed and quickly put Obito Uchiha, Kakashi Hatake, Minato Namikaze, Kushina Uzumaki, Hiruzen Sarutobi and handed the clipboard and pen back to Lord Fourth. He quickly looked over it. I saw his eyes widen a fraction. I sighed.

"Is everything all right, Lord Hokage?" I asked.

"Yes. Captain, dismissed." The Captain shun-shinned out of the room and Lord Fourth continued. "I'm just a little surprised. This is good though. I have a mission for you. It's Kakashi. I want you to find him and try to get him out of his shell. Even just a little will help. He's changed since the War ended." I nodded and bowed before shun-shinning out of the room. I quickly found Kakashi's chakra and went toward it. He was at the training grounds where I battled Lord Fourth.

"Hey," I said, walking up to him. He barely acknowledged my presence. I can see what Lord Fourth meant by how Kakashi had changed since the War. I sighed. I touched my name on the Memorial Stone. Kakashi stiffened slightly.

"The name means something to you doesn't it?" I asked.

"Yeah. It does," He said. I sighed and lowered my hand. I wouldn't be able to get him to open up for a long while yet. Until then, I can try to get him to talk to me. I just really didn't know how. I sighed again and turned away from Kakashi. I made a few shadowclones and started singing. (AN: Song above!)

Will you hold the line?

When every one of them is giving up or giving in, tell me

In this house of mine?

Nothing ever comes without a consequence or cost, tell me

Will the stars align?

Will heaven step in? Will it save us from our sin? Will it?

'Cause this house of mine stands strong

That's the price you pay

Leave behind your heartache, cast away

Just another product of today

Rather be the hunter than the prey

And you're standing on the edge, face up 'cause you're a

Natural

A beating heart of stone

You gotta be so cold

To make it in this world

Yeah, you're a natural

Living your life cutthroat

You gotta be so cold

Yeah, you're a natural

Will somebody

Let me see the light within the dark trees' shadows and

What's happenin'?

Lookin' through the glass find the wrong within the past knowin'

We are the youth

Cut until it bleeds, inside a world without the peace facing

A bit of the truth, the truth

That's the price you pay

Leave behind your heartache, cast away

Just another product of today

Rather be the hunter than the prey

And you're standing on the edge, face up 'cause you're a

Natural

A beating heart of stone

You gotta be so cold

To make it in this world

Yeah, you're a natural

Living your life cutthroat

You gotta be so cold

Yeah, you're a natural

Deep inside me, I'm fading to black, I'm fading

Took an oath by the blood of my hand, won't break it

I can taste it, the end is upon us, I swear

Gonna make it

I'm gonna make it

Natural

A beating heart of stone

You gotta be so cold

To make it in this world

Yeah, you're a natural

Living your life cutthroat

You gotta be so cold

Yeah, you're a natural

Natural

Yeah, you're a natural

I let the clones disperse before starting to walk off. I felt a hand on my arm and stopped. I turned around to see Kakashi standing behind me with a hand on my arm. He lowered his hand. I smiled and poked his forehead with my forefinger and middle finger. His eye widened at the contact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I do not own the picture or song above. They both go to their rightful owners.

Anw... Have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!