Ch. 97 Completing the Misstion Pt. 3

Previously

"All right, love birds. Let's go," Kami said in good nature. I blushed at her nickname for us.

"Y-Yeah," I stuttered, linking arms with Kurenai and following Kami out.

Present

It wasn't long before we had met up with the boys once again. They had all dressed up for the occasion. I stopped and stared when I saw Kakashi. He smiled softly and came up to me.

"Surprised?" He asked.

I poked his cheek and said, "A bit." Kakashi chuckled at my action.

"Kakashi?" Kurenai asked,

"Hm?" Kakashi hummed in questioned.

"You don't have your mask," Kurenai said softly.

"You're right," he agreed.

"It takes some getting used to," I said to Kurenai. She had her attention on Asuma now. "You like him, don't you?"

"Who?" Kurenai asked.

"Asuma," I replied. Kurenai blushed.

"I do. Don't tell anyone, okay?" Kurenai whispered in my ear.

"I won't. I think you should tell him, though," I said.

"B-But what if he hates me after?" She asked frantically.

"He won't, Kurenai," I said calmly, trying to reassure her.

"But what if—" Kurenai started.

"Enough with the 'what ifs' Kurenai. You won't know unless you try," I said, cutting her off.

"I guess you're right, Rin-chan," Kurenai agreed reluctantly.

I thought Kakashi would hate me for a long, long time, I said in Kurenai's mind.

What do you mean? She thought. She raised an eyebrow at me in question. I nodded in confirmation that I could hear her.

I kept quite the secret from him. There's a seal on the back of my neck that keeps me from going into it, I answered, feeling the seal begin to flare up again.

Why doesn't he? Kurenai questioned.

I'm not sure, I answered.

"Have you asked him?" Kurenai asked aloud.

"No, I haven't. I'm scared of what he'll say," I replied, looking at the ground.

"You can't know what he'll say if you don't ask," Kurenai said.

"I know," I said softly. Kakashi offered me his arm. I smiled softly and took it. Kurenai had begun talking with Asuma a little ways away from us.

"You're staring, Rin," Kakashi said.

"They're cute together," I mused. Kakashi chuckled.

"Yeah, they are. Are you looking forward to tonight?" He asked.

"A bit. I'm nervous though," I replied.

"You don't seem nervous, Nohara," Kakashi said.

"I've gotten quite good at hiding my emotions, Hatake," I said in reply.

"In that, we're in agreement," he agreed. After that, we fell into a comfortable silence for a while and started walking around the festival. We found a gigantic tent that held a seating area and a raised platform acting as a temporary stage. There were a few mics and instruments set up on the stage. It wasn't long before Rhysand and Tamlin stepped onto the stage.