Ch. 59 Confessions

Previously

"I love you too," I said. Kakashi pulled down his own mask and closed the distance between us in a moment. We pulled away after a few moments and were back in the real world.

Present

"What happened?" Kushina asked.

"Things," I replied vaguely. Kakashi dropped his hands from my shoulders and covered his eye again.

"You're not going to tell them?" Kakashi asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Nope. Don't really want to be hounded about dating for a while yet," I replied.

"Could've fooled quite a few people, Rin," he remarked.

"I'm well aware, boy," I growled.

"Hmpf. You can't dodge being arrested, brat," Danzo growled.

"Actually, if the Hokage doesn't want me thrown in a dungeon then I think I'm free to go," I replied.

"She is correct, Danzo. I did not authorize any arrests nor did you come to me about this matter at any previous time. Due to those facts, she is free to leave," Minato said. Danzo grumbled a bit more and left.

"He really hates me," I remarked.

"He's a grumpy old man," Kakashi said.

"Got that right," I said.

"Be nice you two," Minato chastised.

"Being nice to Danzo is even harder than stopping myself from throwing shoes at Cassian, Minato," I deadpanned. He sighed and shook his head. My stomach rumbled loudly and I blushed.

"You should've said something sooner if you were hungry," Kakashi scolded and flicked my forehead.

"You really aught to know I'm going to be hungry after being here for god knows how long," I grumbled.

"It's been twenty minutes," Minato deadpanned.

"That's great and all but can we go get food?" I asked.

"You have a one track mind, kid," Lucian remarked.

"You do realize this is me we're talking about?" I asked. Lucian chuckled and tossed me an apple. I pulled down my mask and bit into it.

"R-Rin?" Tsunade asked timidly.

"Ma'am?" I asked.

"You're alive?" She asked.

"Y-Yeah," I replied. I saw a single tear roll down Lady Tsunade's cheek before I was enveloped in a bone crushing hug.

"I thought I'd never see you again," she whispered.

"L-Lady Ts-Tsunade?" I asked.

"You still have the stutter, hm?" She asked.

"Y-Yeah," I replied. She kissed my forehead and nodded toward the door. I smiled softly and pulled up my mask before leaving. I grabbed Lucian's arm as I was walking by and dragged him with me.

"K-Kid?!" Lucian stuttered in surprise. I didn't reply to him immediately. Instead, I continued to drag him toward the world outside the hospital.

"T-Training ground th-three," I stuttered and let go of his arm. He nodded and picked me up before winnowing to the training ground. He set me down a few moments after we arrived at the training ground and bent down to stare me dead in the eyes. I stared back speechless. He smirked and straightened up.

"You have a crush," he stated. I blushed.

"How'd you figure that?" I asked.

"You act different around that boy," he said.

"I do?" I asked.

"Yes, Rin. You do," he replied.

"Heh. I never could keep anything from you," I remarked.

"You want him to be your first?" He asked.

"W-Why are you a-asking me th-that?" I asked, blushing more profusely.

"I want you to be safe, Rin," he whispered.

"I know, Uncle. I'll be careful," I promised.

"I know you will, kid. I just don't want to see you hurt like you were back then," he replied.

"I don't think I could ever be hurt like that again," I said softly.

"You really like him don't you?" He asked.

"Yeah. I do," I replied. "I don't really know what to do either."

"Tell him," Lucian suggested.

"I have," I deadpanned.

"At the hospital?" He asked.

"Yeah. He likes me too and I don't really understand why," I replied.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I don't understand what he could see in me to make him like me as anything more than a friend," I replied.

"You're smart, beautiful, and kind," Lucian said immediately.

"I feel like you're lying to me," I said.

"You really think I'd ever lie to you?" He asked.

"Depends on the situation," I replied. He sighed and chuckled.

"You really are an odd one, kid," he remarked.

"I know," I replied and laughed.

"Just promise me you'll make sure you're ready, okay?" He asked.

"I promise, Lucian," I replied.

"Thank you, Rin," he whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I do not own the song above!

Things are starting to get kinda crazy and will continue to get even crazier in the next few chapters so please bear with me.

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter!