Ch. 109 Tavern

Celtic Women - Tír na nÓg ft. Oonagh

Previously

"I was summoned?" Tam asked from behind me. He slid behind me as he went to Syn and gently tapped her shoulder. Her gaze snapped to his.

Present

"It-it's really over?" Syn stuttered. Her hand slipped from mine and went to Tam's.

"So it is. It has been far too long, amore," Tam replied. "You are beautiful."

"People still trying to give you Holy Water?"

"Not anymore. I am grateful for it, though I can't say I know for sure who to thank for it. Any ideas?"

"I have a feeling you already know that much, love." He kissed her forehead. I stepped away to give them a bit of time together.

"You two are adorable, ya know" I called over my shoulder.

"So are you and that boyfriend of yours, pup," Tam yelled back.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I heard a loud chorus of laughter spring up behind me and shook my head. Annoying as they may be at times, it really was nice having them around again. I ran up the single step leading to the stage at the back of the tavern. There was a few violins, a lute, and a guitar sitting along the wall as well as a drum set and a harp in the corner. All were in pretty decent condition as well, surprisingly enough.

I'll be the first to admit it's not bad for a tavern. No music studio or the like but still not bad. I was not expecting the harp though I did get a feeling it was Lucifer's doing. He can play literally anything and everything with ease. It was rather annoying how good he was with instruments, though Rhys was the same. Like father like son I suppose.

I picked up a violin and began tuning by ear. It didn't take me too long to find the right pitch, though I had my doubts it was in perfect pitch. It never quite was when going by ear. I look over to the Faerie gang and snort. Mor, Amren, Syn, and Viviane were looking at me with wicked gleams in their eyes. I motioned them over quickly. Once they came close enough, I began playing. (AN: Song Above!)

It had been far too long since we did this. I could feel adrenaline rushing through my body as the song finished. I lowered the violin off my shoulder, moving to set it back down on the wall.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew this song?! Do you know more? How long have you played violin for? Can you play other instruments? Are you like Lucien and Beron and can play any of the string instruments? Can you play piano? Am I asking too much? I feel like I am but I have questions that need answers!" Syn asked excitedly in quick succession.

"It never came up in conversation nor did it seem pertinent. Yes, I do know more. I've played since I was four. I can play other instruments. You were right thinking most of those are string instruments but I can play some piano and I'm proficient enough in flute. And finally, no you did not ask too much, lass," I replied easily.

"Wow. Didn't think you'd be able to keep up with my ramblings," Syn laughed.

"Try dealing with Ray-Ray. Never stops asking questions, that one. Fun to be around though."

"We've met. Took a liking to Az too, I think. It's been a long time since I've seen Ray-Ray though—longer than even the Inner Circle."

"Aye, it's been a while, dear niece of mine. I believe I still owe you a drink and a tenner." Ray-Ray leaned an elbow on Syn's head and raised the other arm up in greeting. I spot the ever present bracelet almost immediately. He/they.

"Sup, Ray-Ray. Been a while. Nice suit by the way," I began. I could feel the rambling about to start already.

"Before you start rambling worse than I do, we have some catching up to do. Have any more romance novels to recommend?"