Ch. 94 Gyūki

Previously

"Let's go," Asuma said. Kakashi nodded his agreement.

Present

It didn't take us as long as I thought it would to get to Kumo. We were greeted at the front entrance by two ANBU ninja and escorted to the Raikage. We went in once we heard a muffled "Enter!" The Raikage was sitting behind a dark wood desk. He glared at me.

"Lord Raikage," I greeted, bowing.

"You three, leave," Lord Raikage said, pointing to Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai. A tense air surround us at his order.

"Listen to him. I can handle a human quite easily on my own," I said. I set my hands on the handles resting just past my hips.

"Rule 15, Rin," Kakashi said.

"Get out!" Lord Raikage snapped. I heard the soft shuffling of feet behind me as Kurenai, Kakashi, and Asuma filed out of the Raikage's office. Once the door softly clicked shut the Raikage stood.

"Rule 18," I said, knowing none of them could hear me.

"Can you take the Tailed Beast out of someone else while still keeping them alive?" He asked.

"I would need to know what type of seal is used before going any further," I replied.

"Iron Armor," Lord Raikage said.

"It's going to take me some time to be certain, but I believe it can be done. I know it can be done with the Eight Trigrams Seal. Though the Iron Armor Seal is a bit outside my knowledge I should be able to research quite a bit about it here," I rambled.

"Quiet!" he yelled.

"Okay, then," I said.

"Go. You have a mission to complete," Lord Raikage snapped.

"Of course, sir," I answered. I left his office. After a little searching, I met up with Kakashi, Kurenai, and Asuma at a little hotel near the center of the village. We got two rooms and set our things down. I quickly put protective wards around our rooms and closed the curtains. Call me superstitious but I don't trust many after being sent to Hel by Hera.

"Are you going to tell us what all this is for?" Kakashi questioned.

"Forgive me for not trusting the denizens here, Hatake. I highly doubt the Raikage would let us stay here without supervision," I answered.

"Any Kage would do the same, right?" Kurenai asked.

"I would be more concerned if they didn't keep an eye on newcomers. Now, the Raikage asked about the Iron Armor Seal after you three left. As of now, I don't really know why he wants to keep the Host alive while extracting the Eight Tails. I fear it won't be for anything good," I said, debriefing them on what had occurred in the Raikage's office.

"That's impossible, isn't it?" Asuma asked.

"For most, yes. There are those few that can keep the Host alive while extracting whatever is in the seal," I answered.

"Who can?" He asked.

"I'm not entirely sure. I am one of the few that can but I don't know if it's because I'm a Jinjuriki or a god. I've only read about a Host surviving the extraction of a Tailed Beast in the rare accounts of the Juubi being resurrected. Outside of that, there's nothing," I replied.

"Juubi?" Kakashi asked.

"The Ten Tails. You would need the collective energy of all the other Tailed Beasts to bring it back," I answered. I winced as Kurama thrashed against the Seal. I knew he didn't have a fondness for the Juubi but I didn't think it had turned to hatred for it. I sighed and set a hand on my stomach.