Ch 115 Worries

Previously

"You heal faster in Hel too?" I nodded quickly. He lifts my chin, getting me to look at him again. He tucked a lock of hair behind my ear. I lean into his touch. I craved it, even after all that's happened between us. I couldn't figure out why that was though and that question kept rattling around in my head.

Present

"What?" Kakashi asked. I snapped back to reality.

"What d'you mean?" He pushed me back by the waist until I was leaning against edge of the counter. No chance of escaping this one for at least a little while then. We did need to talk so it might not be so bad. Still not something to look forward to, though.

"I know that look. Just what is it you are thinking, love?" I pressed my back into the counter more, the rounded corner digging into my back kept me grounded. Kakashi tightened his grip on my waist a bit as well.

"Too many things. Heh. Far, far too many things that just can't seem to leave me alone for even a moment... but, well... I don't know if this will make sense but you quiet my head--slow the spinning whirlwind down enough for me to process, I guess." I covered my face with my hands. "That's complete nonsense to you, isn't it?"

"Hardly. I think I understand because... well, you do the same for me. I think... I think feel safe with you around." A soft tug at the hem of my shift drew my attention. I peeked through my fingers. Kakashi was fidgeting with the hem of my shirt. I hesitantly set my hands on his. He wrapped my hands in his, making me smile softly. I gently ran circles across the back of his hand with my thumbs. He jerked a step back shaking out his hands roughly.

"Kashi? You okay?"

"You're overheating." I pulled my hands up until they hovered in front of my eyes. The veins in the backs of my hands were glowing, pulsing with each heartbeat a brighter white. Not good not good not good!! My magic was spiking out of control. I took a deep breath and kept taking them. Losing my head now would not be good in the slightest. Well, neither would my magic exploding but I knew how to calm it down.

"Outside." Kakashi was moving in an instant, motioning me to follow as he did. It wasn't long before cool air surrounded us. My bare feet singed the ground as I stepped away from the cabin. The dense snowy forest leading back toward the direction of city gave off a wonderful smell, but also held an old aura. This land was clearly old--older than nearly anything else I had ever encountered before it seemed. Granted I had not had the luxury of traveling too far from my cage over this last year but still.

When in doubt, fall back on what training you know. Well, that's what Ares always said time and time again. I slowly moved in a wide circle with my eyes closed and arms held loosely in front of me. I mapped out the movements of sword training we learned. Attack. Defend. Parry. Repeat. 12 forms of each making thirty six total.

Learn the forms and you are capable of doing so, so many different things. They were reliable. Far more than I had thought when I first learned them, really, but there were some things only came with time. Each one flowed into the others seamlessly. It was effortless to go through each after all the time I had spent practicing them.

I stopped and opened my eyes again, glancing at my hands. They were back to normal. Good. Pity the ground the scorched with my footsteps. That could only heal with time, and I could only hope that it did. As much as I hated to admit it, the floral pattern was pretty. But enough of that. I finally had my magic back under control. Good. It still flowed erratically but not as badly as before. Hm. Only two other places had ever thrown my magic out of order quite this much before. There was only one of those that I would rather not go back to. Absolutely and utterly abysmal memories surrounding it and all. Those I had not been to had a morbid sort of curiosity surrounding them. What did they look like and what did the old magic there act like?

I pulled at my shirt. Well, the remnants of it I should say. My clothes were pocketed with holes because of my magic. A quick flick of my wrists had my outfit switched to something much better. A plain black long sleeve crop top, a pair of black cargo pants with a silver chain hanging off the belt, and a pair of black military boots with silver buckles on them to finish off the look. It was quite comfortable actually. I wished I could wear it more often.

"Hey, I know that look. What are you thinking?" He gently brushed my bangs back behind my ears.

"It is rare for a place to hold magic this old. I cannot say I am fond of one of the other places like this." He pulled me close enough for our foreheads to touch. His shirt crumpled between my fingers.

"I have you, no matter what."

"Promise?" I hated how I couldn't keep the worried tremor from my voice.

"Of course." I relaxed my hands just a bit. His thumb ran circles across the edge of my hip. The low hum of birds chirping in the nearby trees was a welcome sound. Far too long had I been without even that.

Gently untangling my arms from around Kakashi's waist, I moved toward the forest. There was something... calling me. An undeniable, perpetual thrum pulling me toward the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Hoping this February has okay for everyone. Happy Leap Day as well everyone!

A/W I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next one! Bye everyone!