Ch. 100 Opening Up

I do not own the song above! Billie Eilish - everything i wanted

Previously

"Pray tell, where are we going?" Mor asked.

Present

"Jotunheim," Leo said.

"The Realm of the Giants," L said.

"Our home," Ares said.

"You are certain this will work?" Aquarius asked.

"Don't be such a Debby Downer. I wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't," I replied shortly.

"Why now?" Syn asked.

"It's the Council, Syn. They love messing with your head. It's kind of what they do," I muttered bitterly. I heard L growl lowly in anger.

"Damn thing," he muttered.

"That leg is bothering you again, isn't it?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, yes. It would seem that you still have a knack for finding out things that others wish to keep hidden," he said.

"So it would but when your only role is to sit still and look pretty, you notice the things no one else does. Like how you tend to favor one leg over the other when the day comes to an end or how your footsteps sound different from each other. So I did a little digging and found out why that is. I also found the tech you developed after the fact. Rather ingenious, actually," I said.

"You replicated it, didn't you?" L questioned.

"Yes. I used iron bamboo instead of normal iron though. It should make it lighter and more durable," I answered. I flicked my fingers over my shoulder to summon the tech.

"Smart," he said.

"Just please don't break anything with this one. Or anyone for that matter," I muttered. L whacked the back of my head.

"Breaking spirits is part of my job, little one," L said.

"I'm well aware. I also seem to have more of a knack for it that you," I replied.

"You've been hanging out with Asmodeus far more often than the rest of us," Aquarius cut it.

"I find him intriguing. Besides, he's one of the few people no one wants against them and he's said he likes me so very few ever bother me. At least in Hel, anyway," I rambled.

"You're rambling," Leo said. "What is it?"

I sighed heavily. I knew Leo paid attention to details but I didn't think he would pick up on what my ramblings meant for a long while yet. I bit my bottom lip, questioning if I should tell them or not. I felt a stinging on my forehead a moment later. I looked up and glared at Syn whilst rubbing my forehead.

"I have seen that look far too often on my brother. Speak," she commanded.

"Your an ass," I snapped.

"My Uncle said something is wrong. What is it?" Syn demanded. I sighed again.

"I do not believe it is wise for me to go with you to Jotunheim," I said.

"Eh? What makes you say that?" She asked.

"I am a god. My kind has massacred the giants for centuries. I doubt anyone in Jotunheim will take kindly to having another one of the monsters that killed them for no other reason than for sport around," I said bitterly.

"You're a bigger fool than I thought then," Kami said. I let out a deep growl of displeasure at her statement.

"For once, I agree," Aquarius said. I simply narrowed my eyes but didn't say a word.