Ch. 103 Ranma

Previously

"Are you ready to see them again?" I asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be, I suppose," Michael answered. I nodded and walked outside with Michael following a step behind me.

Present

Michael and I were greeted with dozens of stares and a silence that was deafening and crushing. I looked down and rubbed my bicep. I didn't really do well with people staring. It reminded me too much of Olympus. I felt someone drape their arm around my shoulders. I looked over and saw Michael. He had a knowing glint in his eyes.

"It'll be okay, little one," he said softly.

"You really think so?" I asked feeling insignificant.

"I do," Michael stated. I nodded, feeling slightly better.

"It has been too long brother," L stated. "How are you?"

"I've been better," Michael replied honestly, a hand absentmindedly rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

There is something still bothering you, hatchling, Aurora stated.

"Who is that?" Michael wondered.

My name is Aurora, Archangel, she said.

"Do you have word about Ranma?" I questioned.

She is safe. The blonde one is bringing her to you now. He should be there shortly, she said. I smiled softly. I was looking forward to seeing her. The double doors at the entrance swung open to reveal Tamlin's father with Ranma on his back, her head peeking over his shoulder. He set her down gently.

She shouted "Mama!" as she ran and jumped onto me, giving me a hug.

"Hey, baby girl," I said and hugged her back.

"So this is Ranma," L said softly. "She looks like you."

"You think?" I asked as I set Ranma on my hip.

"Yes, I do," he answered. I smiled softly.

"You haven't caused blondie over there too much trouble, have you?" I asked Ranma.

"Nope! I've been good just like you said to be!" she exclaimed happily.

"Good," I stated softly.

"You promised me we would go flying. Can we go now?" She wondered impatiently.

"We will soon, little one," I reassured. I set her on my shoulders. There was a lot I wished to do with her but so little time to do it in.

"Mama?" Ranma asked.

"What's up?" I wondered.

"Do you think I can meet Cerb?" She questioned hopefully.

"What say you, King?" I demanded, looking at L. He smirked playfully. I felt a nose nudge the back of each of my legs. I turned around and smiled when I saw Cerberus. Ranma let out a high pitched squeal.

"Pup," Cerberus greeted gruffly.

"Cerb," I said. "It has been quite some time."

"So it would seem," he stated.

"Mama?" Ranma asked.

"What's up?" I wondered.

"Where's Uncle?" she asked.

"He should be with Kakashi somewhere around here," I stated and glanced around to see if either Kakashi or Obito were in the area. Unfortunately, they weren't. I sighed.