Ch. 53 Status

I do not own the song above. KHS cover - Castle on the Hill

Previously

"None of them killed me. I made a choice and that choice is the cause for so many thinking me dead," I replied.

"I don't remember you ever saying that," Tobi muttered.

"You really aught to remember one thing, Tobi. Details are details," I said.

Present

"You keep telling me that but I don't really understand it," Tobi said.

"You're still sitting on top of me, Tobi," I said instead of trying to explain anything to him. He started panicking and quickly got off of me.

"Sorry, Rin-chan!" Tobi yelled. I slowly pushed myself to my feet and brushed off the dirt from my person.

"You really aught to have a better attention span if you want to be a ninja, Tobi. Most are able to go on missions that last anywhere from weeks to months and sometimes years. You can barely last a few seconds before forgetting what you were told. Times like this is why I keep telling you details are details," I lectured.

"Aren't you being a bit harsh to him?" Gai asked.

"Would you like me to stay silent on the matter?" I asked in reply.

"We got a major problem!" Copper exclaimed, running up to us.

"What happened?" I asked.

"That is none of your concern, girl," Miss Glow Eyes replied.

"You wanted my help before and yet you seem to think I'm a weakling that can't help in your world. Lovely," I muttered angrily.

"This is no time for your bitchiness. You can't help in a war," Illyrian said, glaring.

"I've already lived through one. If you had bothered to do your research, you would have known that. Now, what the hell happened?" I asked, deathly calm.

"You really thi—" Illyrian started.

"Report. Now," Rhysand growled.

"It's reached the front lines we set up," Truth Teller said immediately.

"Give me numbers, strengths, weaknesses, and anything else you can spare. I can come up with something that will give us time," I said.

"We don't know what we can give girl," Miss Glow Eyes said coldly.

"I suppose the saying 'all is fair in love and war' really does come into play sometimes," I said and took a deep breath and pulled out a kunai to draw in the dirt with while I told them my idea. I explained how Rhysand, Illyrian, and Truth Teller could fight in the skies while Copper and Miss Glow Eyes would fight on the ground. Each would come from a different angle closing the enemy in a pentagonal formation as they were attempted to be fought off.

If all were killed or taken prisoner and there were no strays that managed to get past them, it could buy them up to a few days to gather more forces together and take a break from a constant battle to strategize and rest. It wasn't full proof but it could work depending on how many each person had with them and how many the enemy had.

"That could work," Illyrian whispered.

"Can I come with you now?" I asked, looking directly at Illyrian.

Call him Cassian. It will catch him off guard. An amused voice in my head told me. I looked over at Rhysand and quirked an eyebrow. He gave a subtly nod letting me know it was him.