Ch. 93 A New Mission

Previously

I lost my grip on the blades as my hands started to shake. I let out an ear shattering scream as the heat on the chains intensified until it was overwhelming. I fell forward as dark spots started to cloud my vision. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my torso.

"Rin!"

Present

I slowly opened my eyes. The blinding white of the hospital greeted me. I looked around slowly. I saw Lady Tsunade standing next to the bed. She was scowling at me.

"Take those damned blades off," she snapped. I looked at my arms. The chains were still there.

"I can't," I said hoarsely. My voice had become scratchy from disuse again.

"You're lucky they found you when they did," Lady Tsunade said.

"Who?" I questioned.

"Get ready. I'll send them in soon," she said. She jerked her chin at the chair opposite from where she was standing. A pile of close was sitting on top of it. I slowly pushed myself up and grabbed the clothes. I quickly slipped out of the hospital gown and pulled on the under things and pants. The door slid open when I was picking up the shirt. My eyes narrowed when I saw Kurenai.

"Are you okay?" Kurenai asked, worry lacing her words.

"What would you care?" I snapped. I turned my back on her and pulled the shirt on as I walked over to the window.

"Rin Nohara!" Lady Tsunade yelled.

"Rin Nohara is dead, Tsunade. I am the monster than returned in her place. I'm sure Miss Yuhi would agree if you asked her," I said dully.

"Alright, Miss Uzumaki," Lady Tsunade said sadly.

"So you knew," I muttered.

"I had no choice but to keep it from you," she defended.

"You always have a choice," I snapped.

"You're right. I was given a catch twenty two," Lady Tsunade said.

"Either let me die or have me hate you, correct?" I asked.

"You were so small back then. I couldn't bear the thought that I was the one that killed you," Lady Tsunade whispered.

"I died anyway, Tsunade," I said quietly.

"I know," she said.

"Thanks for looking after me again, Lady Tsunade," I said, bowing to her. I took the clipboard from her outstretched hand and signed my name at the bottom. I handed the clipboard back to Lady Tsunade and walked out of the hospital. I took off at a light jog toward training ground three.

I stopped and redirected my route to the Hokage mansion when I was his summoning hawk in the air. It took me a few minutes to get to the Hokage mansion. I tapped on the door leading to the Hokage's office. I heard a muffled "Enter!" I opened the door and stepped inside. My eyes widened a fraction when I saw Kurenai, Asuma, and Kakashi already in the office.

"Ah, Miss Uzumaki. I have been told you were released from the hospital. Is that correct?" Lord Hokage asked.

"Yes, sir," I answered, bowing.

"Unfortunately, you are needed for a mission," he said.

"Sir?" I asked confused. He beckoned me forward with a wave of his hand. Lord Hokage handed me a scroll that I quickly read. I read it again to make sure I understood what was stated.